Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-20: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Diamondbacks (Greinke) [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Bullpen delivers 5 scoreless innings in comeback win]

Eye Black
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Besides Grandal, can anyone remember the last time you ever saw a catcher bat leadoff?

Russell Martin did it fairly often

Didn't Jason Kendall lead off quite a bit, including during his time as a Brewer? Perhaps I'm misremembering?

Yes, he's another that did it frequently.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the year the fact that Yelich is the best player in baseball is fun.

I think it's too soon to strip Trout of that title.

Maybe. Over the last 162 I think he has been but you're right pound for pound king is probably still Trout.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the year the fact that Yelich is the best player in baseball is fun.

Who is the last player to win MVP. And follow it up with a better season next year and...not win it again?

Man that's gotta be rare.

I'm not giving up on him winning it, but Bellinger will have a hugely strong case.

Maybe Yeli can flirt with a triple crown and brewers finish 15 games over. 500, then maybe still has a **** at mvp.

Especially if Cody B. Plays less in September, seeing as how they will prob have everything wrapped up.

Besides Grandal, can anyone remember the last time you ever saw a catcher bat leadoff?

Off the top of my head, the only guy I can think of is Pudge Rodriguez. The Tigers experimented with it, albeit briefly, in 2007 and '08. It got some weird coverage down here in Texas. After he left the Rangers, the media had this weird fixation with him.

Piazza never did it. Buster Posey has never done it, either. It's a real rarity.

Has Molina ever done it? He seems like a high enough on base guy, he might have done it. I know not recently he has not.

Jason Kendall. Lead off more than any other spot in the batting order for his career.

I think it's too soon to strip Trout of that title.

And Bellinger has almost mirrored Yelich this year. Past that it drops off.

Off the top of my head, the only guy I can think of is Pudge Rodriguez. The Tigers experimented with it, albeit briefly, in 2007 and '08. It got some weird coverage down here in Texas. After he left the Rangers, the media had this weird fixation with him.

Piazza never did it. Buster Posey has never done it, either. It's a real rarity.

Interesting...also are you living in Texas as well? Nice to see another Texas Cheesehead!

Yes, living in Flower Mound. Right next to a Chicago native who's a huge Cubs fan. Flies a big W flag just off his garage, too.

Cheeseheads are legion. We're everywhere. ;)

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
There will probably be a day where walking someone to get to Hiura with the bases loaded will be unfathomable.

Probably won't happen again anytime soon :)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Jason Kendall. Lead off more than any other spot in the batting order for his career.

I thought of him, but did he actually do that with the Brewers? Not sure if I actually remember that or if he just came to mind cause the 2009 team was such trash.

Archived