Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-19: Brewers (Chacín) at Diamondbacks (Clarke) 8:40 PM CDT

Eye Black
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two inning ending AB with runners on for Thames while Hiura stands on deck. Frustrating

No logical reason to have Thames hitting ahead of Hiura.

3 batters ahead of hiura have no business being ahead of hiura.

Rough territory when your hoping for hit from Saladino.

Fixed that for you. ;)

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

7 walks tonight issued by Brewers pitchers.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

/puts on rally cap. Now would be a time for Lo to get on.

I don’t like Stearns strategy right now. He said he wants to see how the next two weeks play out before he makes a decision on moves...you can’t win games when your good relievers only pitch when you’re ahead and when you’re behind you give it over to awful arms.

Yes I get we have a shortage of quality arms..that’s why we uh, get some?

I don’t like Stearns strategy right now. He said he wants to see how the next two weeks play out before he makes a decision on moves...you can’t win games when your good relievers only pitch when you’re ahead and when you’re behind you give it over to awful arms.

I've been saying this for awhile. he should be the aggressor and go out and fix the problem NOW. Why even tempt fate at the possibility it could spiral out of control by then?? Why not try to stop it NOW before it ever gets to that point.

But you can't fix this now without going all in and its not the proper time. The team has 3.5 starters and 3.5 relievers.

I always looked back at Houston and went... remember how they burst on the scene... then missed the playoffs the next year.... only to win the WS in the 3rd year.

Feels like the Brewers right now. The team is not playing up to expectations... do you blow assets to chase the playoffs for a team that barely has the gas to get there?

I'd much rather give Williams and Barker a spot in the pen and see if they can catch fire and stabilize this mess.

I'd honestly consider selling. Grandal, Moose, Jeffress and Thames have some value. Albers for a ticket.

Call up Shaw Nottingham Barker Williams and asset load for a year that looks better.

I've been saying this for awhile. he should be the aggressor and go out and fix the problem NOW. Why even tempt fate at the possibility it could spiral out of control by then?? Why not try to stop it NOW before it ever gets to that point.

The market for quality relief pitchers looking to be sold by sub par teams is not compatible to that of stating pitching or big name bats. You don’t have to hand over an arm and a leg to get some guys better than we have now, it’s no Machado level deal like we were considering last July. I’m fine with moving a few prospects to get a guy like Will Smith because I feel like we’re already set for the foreseeable future and don’t need to focus as much on the farm as in years past. We need some reinforcements, maybe not Will Smith level, but guys that can generally get the job done. We didn’t give up much for Soria?

Oh, how I wish we still had Will Smith right now. Trading him for Phil Bickford (he of the 7.59 ERA at high A ball, right now) and Andrew Susac (who's in AAA....for the Royals) was a real head scratcher.

I think Jay Jackson might be more important to have then Shaw, tbh.

At this point...

Stand by that?

Everyone could play this game all day long.

My overall point, is a guy up(Shaw) and not have a spot to play, versus having an arm in the pen, that we arent sure on if they were good or not, which is sad to say. And obviously we found out he is not good. But maybe I rather have another pitcher up when Jackson goes down. Not Shaw. Our bullpen needs all they help they can get.

Maybe Burch will miraculously turn into something. He looked good tonight....mb it's a start, idk. But we should probably get another pen arm up when Jackson goes down.

And I'll say to bad for him man, he obviously worked very hard to get here. Wish he could had a little success for the team and himself.

But you can't fix this now without going all in and its not the proper time. The team has 3.5 starters and 3.5 relievers.

I always looked back at Houston and went... remember how they burst on the scene... then missed the playoffs the next year.... only to win the WS in the 3rd year.

Feels like the Brewers right now. The team is not playing up to expectations... do you blow assets to chase the playoffs for a team that barely has the gas to get there?

I disagree. The Brewers roster has two types of players...players under achieving and players achieving what’s expected of them. There really isn’t anyone overachieving, which shows you were better than we’ve been playing.

Edit) the one player you might say is exceeding expectations is Thames

I disagree. The Brewers roster has two types of players...players under achieving and players achieving what’s expected of them. There really isn’t anyone overachieving, which shows you were better than we’ve been playing.

What about Burch Smith AKA Mr. Bean. Hes over exceeding expections!!!!

That's fine. The team is better than you are playing. So you want to chase the playoffs in a year where you are underachieving?

Or do you want to trade Moose Grandal Thames Jeffress and Albers/Guerra and see if what's left can heat up and get in?

Cain Yelich Hiura Grisham Braun (1B) Shaw Nottingham Arica

Woodruff Davies Anderson Gio and pick a flier

Hader Houser Peralta Claudio Barker Devin Chacin Burch

If you are going to play 500 baseball this long who do you think comes in the door and fixes it? The team looks gassed and has no momentum.

Archived