Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-19: Brewers (Chacín) at Diamondbacks (Clarke) 8:40 PM CDT

Eye Black
Chacin's had a bad year but his last three starts were all fine/good. There was no reason not to "trot him out there" tonight.

Agree, but this performance tonight is the 2019 Chacín. It needs to be his last start as a brewer. I just hope they don’t put him in the pen, even in the mop up role. DFA.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haudricourt said the other day that it wasn't out of the question that Supak could be tried. Noted that the track record of pitchers coming up from San Antonio has been so terrible that they may be willing to try it. Taking a flyer and hoping for some beginner's luck isn't ideal, but could be fun.

Wilkerson is not going to start.......he is the definition of AAAA pitcher.....bullpen fodder for when we need a fresh arm.

Look at his limited time in the MLB. He can not be BP fodder he gets destroyed. He's been a starter forever in the minors and when he's starting in his typical routine he's junked his way to decent results.

Peralta's starter yips are reversed in Wilkerson. He's not good. Suter is not good either. Neither will get shelled like Chacin and Burnes have this year.

Haudricourt said the other day that it wasn't out of the question that Supak could be tried. Noted that the track record of pitchers coming up from San Antonio has been so terrible that they may be willing to try it. Taking a flyer and hoping for some beginner's luck isn't ideal, but could be fun.

Heck Devin Williams should come up too. Gotta try anything at this point.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

If they do that, they are obviously waving the white flag on the season. That would be pathetic. Just go get an arm and be done with it. Problem solved.

The Brewers need to just win. Put the Cubs out of mind. They would have to go on a pretty sick tear to win the division regardless. There is no sense worrying about them. Shoot for 87-88 and you're probably a wild card. If better than that you may catch them. They come into town next week anyway.

This is why I was so frustrated by the brewers inability to catch on to the Hiura situation earlier. It was like we can mess around with seeing if Shaw could get it together because the Cubs weren't winning. Now they are hot and we are scrambling to just keep in contact. Hiura wasn't the only issue of course but the whole feeling in the first half was kinda we got plenty of time.

I'm betting somebody will be hopping on the San Antonio Express tonight again.

With Gio starting tomorrow, Burch was already buckled in. Now he's anxiously waiting, hoping not to pitch so maybe Jackson takes his place.

I'm betting somebody will be hopping on the San Antonio Express tonight again.

With Gio starting tomorrow, Burch was already buckled in. Now he's anxiously waiting, hoping not to pitch so maybe Jackson takes his place.

San Antonio Express...GIGO...Garbage in, garbage out.

If they do that, they are obviously waving the white flag on the season. That would be pathetic. Just go get an arm and be done with it. Problem solved.

He's our best pitching prospect. It is not unusual or waving a white flag in the least for a team to give their best pitching prospect a shot at the MLB level. It is how we got Peralta and Burnes here last year.

No it wouldn’t. All Supek has done his entire minor league career is limit runs. He’s not upper 90s thrower, he’s a real pitcher, command is his calling card. I’m sure Stearns is trying to land a starter, but he’s not gonna massively overpay for one. He will get a pen arm or maybe even two, and we already have a better rotation with Woodruff than last year’s playoff rotation, and with a stronger pen I like our chances.

"Would be kind of interesting to see [the Brewers/Dodgers] race develop down the stretch"

Someone want to let Rock know we're in third place in our division, and 12.5 games worse than the Dodgers?

They were talking about the team-homerun race. Dodgers have 167; we have 165 right now.

He's our best pitching prospect. It is not unusual or waving a white flag in the least for a team to give their best pitching prospect a shot at the MLB level. It is how we got Peralta and Burnes here last year.

You don't give him a shot in the middle of a pennant race. That's the absolute worst time to do it. If they are 15 games out, sure, go for it. But every game is important right now...I for one, don't want to be giving chances to a pitching prospect in the middle of a pennant race. GET AN ARM.

Moose has not been very good lately.

I think we are watching the regression happen. His first half numbers just are not in line with his career.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived