Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-19: Brewers (Chacín) at Diamondbacks (Clarke) 8:40 PM CDT

Eye Black
Good inning.

Not sure why Chacin didn't try to bunt the first strike.

It was a perfect pitch to push up the first base line.

I've seen alot of brewer pitchers latley maybe longer half offer pull back the bunt at a pitch right down the middle.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of players that are starting to come around, Travis Shaw is absolutely tearing it up in Triple-A right now. I know we've seen a lot of players not translate Triple-A success to the big leagues, but since Shaw isn't really a prospect or an up-and-comer, it might time to bring him up and drop Saladino back to the minors. At this point I'd rather have Shaw than Saladino.

Shaw doesnt send Saladino down. We have no back up SS if we send Saladino down. We dont even have a guy who is kind of a SS.

Speaking of players that are starting to come around, Travis Shaw is absolutely tearing it up in Triple-A right now. I know we've seen a lot of players not translate Triple-A success to the big leagues, but since Shaw isn't really a prospect or an up-and-comer, it might time to bring him up and drop Saladino back to the minors. At this point I'd rather have Shaw than Saladino.

Shaw doesnt send Saladino down. We have no back up SS if we send Saladino down. We dont even have a guy who is kind of a SS.

Send down Huira, its supposed to he sarcastic, but I dont know if that's all really sarcastic for some..

Jay Jackson then maybe?

Jay Jackson then maybe?

I think Jay Jackson might be more important to have then Shaw, tbh.

At this point...

Dont assume dude. I should have expanded more.

I should have expanded.. and that's why it's not good to assume.

I shoulda said that I was a little annoyed with a man on third, less then 2 out..and the thought of a starter giving up a run, irritated me a little.

Which is why I said we were spoiled by starters.

Ok I should have expanded alot. Sorry, I'll do better.

Also Brewers doing well since I joined 3 n 0. I dont wanna break up my streak haha. I'm old school baseball superstitious. I ain't gonna post anything to break that.

Think Shaw returning would have to mean going with a smaller pen, which makes sense with Houser's more reliable arm going in. Not sure who you can push out besides Jackson (assuming Smith is going down for Gonzalez), and I'd like to see a couple more outings from Jackson before being ok with that.

At least seems like (hopefully) CC is giving up on that SS split with Saladino. Ignoring outside moves, that could mean Dubon comes back or even Perez returns, since he's starting to come around. Don't see the bloating 40 man as a hindrance if they really wanted to do it.

Awkward move is that Nelson is starting his rehab assignment on Sunday. Unless he gets shut down again or would agree to a single 10-day option at the conclusion of it to hold out until September that could also mean a roster bind.

Archived