Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-19: Brewers (Chacín) at Diamondbacks (Clarke) 8:40 PM CDT

Eye Black

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Taylor Clarke has given up 8 home runs over his past 5 starts.

Over his last 7 starts he hasn’t lasted longer than 5.0 IP (to be exact: 2.0, 5.0, 3.1, 4.2, 3.0, 5.0, 3.2).

This is his first start back since going on the IL with inflammation in his back.

I fully expect him to pitch 7.0 innings scoreless with 10 strikeouts tonight. :)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Must win tonight.

This team could reel of 10 in a row, and the sky would still only be held up by binder twine and scotch tape.

:laughing I figured you may get a laugh out of that one.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'd like to see us go with

Gamel

Yelich

Grandal

Moose

Braun

Thames

Hiura

Arcia

P

Pretty standard lineup at this point, primarily I would like to see Cain get a day off after all the acrobatics yesterday. He also hasn't had a day off since the break...only 7 days but I really want Cain to stay fresh.

Padres just handed the Cubs a go ahead run in the 8th inning with two infield errors. The first one messed up what could have been an inning ending DP but instead sent runners to second and third. The second came after a walk to load the bases. A grounder produced a force out at home, but instead of holding the ball the catcher threw to first and Hosmer clanked it, allowing the run to score.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Must win tonight.

This team could reel of 10 in a row, and the sky would still only be held up by binder twine and scotch tape.

Talk about dramatic.

Are you Jussie Smollett?

Similarly, the team could lose 10 in a row and it would still be too early to be concerned.

If someone wants to see how fans of a team in the Brewers position should act they should check out a Phillies message board. I’m sure those fans are all very calm and rational.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The Brewers have like 65 games left or something. I couldn't care less about the Cubs day-to-day activities. The Brewers need to play to the capability of the offense and get a bullpen going.

I care about the Cubs, that is afterall the team the Brewers are chasing right now. I'm starting to get really PO'd at that team having a horseshoe up their asses since the ASB. That win today was flat out garbage. A freaking error wins it for them. Total BS.

Padres just handed the Cubs a go ahead run in the 8th inning with two infield errors. The first one messed up what could have been an inning ending DP but instead sent runners to second and third. The second came after a walk to load the bases. A grounder produced a force out at home, but instead of holding the ball the catcher threw to first and Hosmer clanked it, allowing the run to score.

Padres outhit the Cubs 13-7 but got outscored 6-5. Brewers go into tonight's game 2 1/2 games back in the NLC.

I'd like to win enough games through August so that the last week of September aren't full of must win games.

My hope was/is that the Crew would get really hot here and flip the 2 game division lead in their favor going into that Cubs series next week. That's one of the reasons I'm getting so pissed when they have been pulling sh*t out of their asses to win games lately.

Why are we worried about the Cubs when our manager is still burying our 2nd best bat.

You gotta keep a .315 obp batter in the 1 hole. He's due right... :tired :rolleyes

Nothing like having one of the best bats in baseball and having him bat after Arica P Cain. RBI chances abound.

Screw you Reds!! Up 7-0 and have allowed an 8 spot in the 6th. Doesn't it just figure, the Brewers just start playing a bit better and have nothing to show for it, as everyone else around them keeps winning too.

Make that a 10 run top of the 6th for the Cardinals, are you kidding me??

Screw you Reds!! Up 7-0 and have allowed an 8 spot in the 6th. Doesn't it just figure, the Brewers just start playing a bit better and have nothing to show for it, as everyone else around them keeps winning too.

Make it 10 runs in the 6th for the cards.

Make it 10 runs in the 6th for the cards.

Reds pitching coach must suck...

Archived