Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-18: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Kelly) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Davies allows 1 run over 7.0 IP; Batters breakout versus D-backs bullpen]

Eye Black
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh Arcia up in this spot....hopefully he can get it done

Niceeee

Do we have a first here? A reply off of your own post?

Probably not but it seems like a rarity, even for here.

I think that's been done before...the true unicorn is the poster who gets into a fight with themself by quoting something they wrote and disagree with it - those are the special ones!

Hiura showing that lead off batter speed.

I’ve said for a while I would love Cain, Hiura, Yelich as long as Cain can get on a roll which he’s showing signs of. Gives Hiura some RBI chances and I think Yelich RBI total goes up as well.

Edit - If Hiura leads off then bat pitcher 8, I’m good with that as well.

I’m not sure I’d mess around with where Yelich hits.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Bill, sometimes the offense can be bad. I know you are not gonna say that and your always just gonna say the opposing pitcher was amazing....

And you're not employed by the Brewers so......

I know its called.....hold on ......an opinion.

And Bill being employed by the Brewers is called....hold on....a fact. What are you expecting? A Steve Stone, circa 2004 rant that ultimately got him fired? We can agree that he's not Steve Stone and partially because of that, it's not gonna happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's funny when people gang up on people for not being a forum expert. Lol, I didnt grow up with access to the internet till 2 years ago. Whatever makes you feel better

I appreciate your enthusiasm. Perhaps just tone down the frequency of your posts a bit, and you should be golden, man. I'm not gonna complain ... this team has played really well since you joined ;)

I’ve said for a while I would love Cain, Hiura, Yelich as long as Cain can get on a roll which he’s showing signs of. Gives Hiura some RBI chances and I think Yelich RBI total goes up as well.

I'm good with that right now...

9-1-2 ;)

and I didn't see your edit.

Thanks for the strawman. Thanks for arguing points I never made lol.

You'll see that a bunch here... until you get past 2k posts. They tend to love on the newbies more.

Find a forum no one uses and post 3,000 times. Then they'll respect you. :laughing

As a manager say your guys put up 1 in 7 innings...but then put up 4 or 5 in the 8th and 9th.

I know it's a success, but do you worry about the first 7? And shake it up, or look at the game as a whole and not that you struggled in most of it, but broke out late.

I am not saying all struggles can be fixed by how the batting order is.

I'm good with that right now...

9-1-2 ;)

and I didn't see your edit.

Haha, yep. Just don’t like the fact of Hiura batting with the bases empty and then following the pitcher the rest of the game. Cain had a good year last year and low RBI. Think Keston can be more of a run producer. A position player hitting 9 would at least give him some more RBI chances.

I actually like this idea a lot. I don't believe the argument that Hiura is just too young to handle batting higher in the order. He's just a great natural hitter, and if he's not cracking under the pressure of playing in the big leagues for the first time, I don't expect him to suddenly cave under the pressure of batting leadoff.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's funny when people gang up on people for not being a forum expert. Lol, I didnt grow up with access to the internet till 2 years ago. Whatever makes you feel better

Wut

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I actually like this idea a lot. I don't believe the argument that Hiura is just too young to handle batting higher in the order. He's just a great natural hitter, and if he's not cracking under the pressure of playing in the big leagues for the first time, I don't expect him to suddenly cave under the pressure of batting leadoff.

I think it's gaining a lot of steam. Even with Cain 9th... just give his thumb less ABs to get beat up. The guy needs to be in CF. His bat has not proven it NEEDS to be anywhere.

If he gets hot in the 9 hole... Hiura Yelich are going to rip off a lot of RBIs.

Archived