Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-18: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Kelly) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Davies allows 1 run over 7.0 IP; Batters breakout versus D-backs bullpen]

Eye Black
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcia has never looked like a major league bat, he didn't look like it in the minors either. For some reason people always have high hopes for SS bats but he just has never shown anything but very short flashes at any level.

Except for the entire 2017 season where he hit .277 over 550 AB

That’s not great, but very solid considering he’s generally a + defender. That many AB isn’t a short flash.

I’m to the point that I’m willing to see if Dubon can give equal or more productivity with less payroll. If so, take what you can get for Arcia and move on. Would not surprise me to see him with a Gomez type surge at some point tough.

I don't think Trent Grisham catches that.

Grisham plays LF

He's been a CF pretty much his whole career as a pro. But he isn't a good one.

That's why he plays LF :laughing I know he's there... certainly shouldn't be. His power surge this year guaranteed that.

Grisham is the new backup QB I see. Fun stuff.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

7 innings and only 1 run for Davies......without a strikeout......got to feel fortunate to be in a 1-1 game right now.

Arizona probably feels like they could have 4 on the board with how hard they have struck some of those pitches. Between Cain and some nice infield work/DP’s, the D has been the story of this game. Give Davies credit for not giving in and sticking to his game plan.

Grisham is the new backup QB I see. Fun stuff.

He's taking over multiple threads. The new Baskin Robbins flavor of the month ;)

I love that Grisham has broken out ... But lets not appoint him the messiah quite yet. Hell, the Shroud of Keston isn't even dry yet!

Right? I’m happy as heck that he’s doing what he’s doing but let’s have him have a little longer success track record before anointing him anything. He and Hiura shouldn’t even be compared.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived