Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-18: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Kelly) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Davies allows 1 run over 7.0 IP; Batters breakout versus D-backs bullpen]

Eye Black
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At some point Hiura is going to be so highly thought of, that there won’t be any comparisons -his swing reminds me of.... I can’t think of a guy with that type of compact swing and inside out ability to get his hands through and barrel up the ball especially on the inner half of the plate. Very impressive.

Sheffield without all the waggle.

Griffey Jr without the tall stoic stance.

Take out start and finish and just look at the hands through the zone and Sheffield is a really good comparison. There haven’t been many with the quickness to the ball that Hiura has, but Sheffield fits perfectly. Just stupidly fast hands.

At some point Hiura is going to be so highly thought of, that there won’t be any comparisons -his swing reminds me of.... I can’t think of a guy with that type of compact swing and inside out ability to get his hands through and barrel up the ball especially on the inner half of the plate. Very impressive.

Funny you mention Sheffield. With all the comps mentioned last night, he was one I thought of. Hiura seems much more interested in playing in Milwaukee than he ever did.

Sheffield. GREAT comparison.

Grisham with 2 more doubles in 3 AB tonight. Hitting .344 in AAA and OPS above 1.000. Came on like a freight train.

Braun... break in that 1B glove buddy.

I miss Marquis Grissom!

You think he's Grissom? I'd expect him to get on base better than that. Guys always been high OBP.

Grisham with 2 more doubles in 3 AB tonight. Hitting .344 in AAA and OPS above 1.000. Came on like a freight train.

Hopefully other clubs like him and he brings back something big at the deadline for the Crew

I like our first basemen

It's the best way to keep him healthy and limit his starts without hurting depth. Platooning him with Shaw or Thames would make a lot of sense next year.

and 3-4... batting .351 now.

I like our first basemen

It's the best way to keep him healthy and limit his starts without hurting depth. Platooning him with Shaw or Thames would make a lot of sense next year.

Next year is his last year here. I could see them doing that but I doubt he will only hit against lefties. To be honest I would rather keep moose than Shaw but I don’t know how that will work payroll wise

Losing moose and Grandal is not good for Milwaukee.

Agreed. But something has to go. I figure if they keep Moose, Thames is as good as traded. Shaw is the 1b/3b backup. Braun plays 1b at more 50/50 than only vs LHP. He'd take EVERY one vs LHP though.

I really would have a hard time throwing all my eggs in the Shaw basket for next year.

Archived