Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-18: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Kelly) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Davies allows 1 run over 7.0 IP; Batters breakout versus D-backs bullpen]

Eye Black

Cain's signs of life aren't doing it for me. Put your stack together properly CC.

Last 7... obp .613

Last 15... obp .469

Last 30... obp .398

Bat your Springer in the damn 1 hole.

Hiura... .387 obp

Yelich... .431 obp and 34 HR

Grandal... .370 obp and 19 HR (even when he's cold his OBP out paces Brauns)

Moose... 25 HR

Braun... 13 HR

Thames... .374 obp and 13 HR

Cain

Arcia

P

Your best hitter bats 2nd. Your 2nd best hitter bats 1st. They need the most ABs. 4 HR hitters behind those 2 would score runs in bunches.

No... bat him 7th. We are past the rookie crap. He's playing like a stud, use him.

Why would you put anyone but your BEST OBP in front of Yelich?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CC has been very pro-veteran, if you will, with the everyday players and lineups this season. Very patient with Shaw, rightly so perhaps. I realize we don’t have a lot of young guys in the everyday lineup but Hiura can be a beast anywhere in the order. So, why 7th? Not a huge deal to me. Another example of trusting your vets against a righty.

Braves leave town slightly limping and are now getting schalacked by the Nats early 8-1 in 3rd.

Losing a series to the brewers will shake anyone’s confidence and make you rethink your life’s choices

I was thinking all things German is the Braves Kryptonite. Sausage, beer, Strasburg...

Braves leave town slightly limping and are now getting schalacked by the Nats early 8-1 in 3rd.

Losing a series to the brewers will shake anyone’s confidence and make you rethink your life’s choices

I was thinking all things German is the Braves Kryptonite. Sausage, beer, Strasburg...

Is woodruff and Yelich German?

I’m probably the only one who doesn’t get too bothered by lineups. Except when the pitcher bats eighth.

Whoever is up. Just hit the ball hard somewhere

Yeah put our 7th best batter in a position to hit most... Seems logical. Why would anyone get mad about that?

Thought we were an analytics franchise.

CC has been very pro-veteran, if you will, with the everyday players and lineups this season. Very patient with Shaw, rightly so perhaps. I realize we don’t have a lot of young guys in the everyday lineup but Hiura can be a beast anywhere in the order. So, why 7th? Not a huge deal to me. Another example of trusting your vets against a righty.

Pitching around Huira to get to Arcia, with men on base, could come back to haunt them.

I’m probably the only one who doesn’t get too bothered by lineups. Except when the pitcher bats eighth.

Yeah put our 7th best batter in a position to hit most... Seems logical. Why would anyone get mad about that?

Reports are that Cain has really felt better the last 2 weeks - treatment and rest for the thumb and his numbers have proven that out. I don’t have them, but I’m sure a few out there do.

Time to let your 2nd best hitter bat third!

It might be this time when they don't have one of their worst hitters bat leadoff.

The pitcher batting 8th and Arcia 9th was a nice compromise to this. I don't know why Counsell just ditched it.

Simple math would say Huira top 3 for sure, in lineup. It's really simple and obvious. But over think it. Go ahead. I guess Huira will get his walks tonight..so Arcia and Davies can drive him in. Why even pitch to him. If you dont have to.

That's simple math guys...simple....

Now, as far as where to place Huira in the top 3, I'll leave that to the smarter people here.

Reports are that Cain has really felt better the last 2 weeks - treatment and rest for the thumb and his numbers have proven that out. I don’t have them, but I’m sure a few out there do.

They are talking about the last 6 games. If you look at his last 7 (less than 2 weeks) he's still OBP at .314. Last 15, .324, last 30 .312. If the thumb is an issues, and it has been a long term one, bat him 7th to give him a few less AB. When he's the .375 OBP guy from last 2 years then let's talk.

We want to keep waiting for Shaw to break out. We want to keep waiting for Cain to get healthy. Play to win today.

Simple math would say Huira top 3 for sure, in lineup. It's really simple and obvious. But over think it. Go ahead. I guess Huira will get his walks tonight..so Arcia and Davies can drive him in. Why even pitch to him. If you dont.

Now as far as where to place Huira in the top 3, I'll leave that to the smarter people here.

Maybe CC feels it places to much pressure on the kid. How many games has he played in his career. 30?

I’m just guessing.

Simple math would say Huira top 3 for sure, in lineup. It's really simple and obvious. But over think it. Go ahead. I guess Huira will get his walks tonight..so Arcia and Davies can drive him in. Why even pitch to him. If you dont.

Now as far as where to place Huira in the top 3, I'll leave that to the smarter people here.

Maybe CC feels it places to much pressure on the kid. How many games has he played in his career. 30?

I’m just guessing.

That makes sense. I will accept that for just a short while. If Keston keeps on hitting like this, though ... I won't accept it for very long.

I know Craig Counsell is very concerned about my acceptance of this. :laughing

I’m just guessing.

That makes sense. I will accept that for just a short while. If Keston keeps on hitting like this, though ... I won't accept it for very long.

I know Craig Counsell is very concerned about my acceptance of this. :laughing

Because playing in the majors is no big deal. Batting 7th a damn yawn. But 1st or top 3... WHOA that's pressure.

Please. That's so superstitious it's dumb even by baseball standards.

If he seriously thinks this, you can fire him because he's a moron.

I’m just guessing.

Ya, idk what it is.....

Keston played yesterday. A Sunday game... jam packed. Hitting cleanup in a game you need to win, to win series.

Seems like that would be 1 of his most pressure filled games to start in this short in his career. So why change that up vs the Diamondbacks on the road, lol. That all dont make sense, but I dont know what he is thinking either. I mean Craig is of the newer school managers, that uses analytics, along with Stearns. Do I just assume and trust they know what they are doing is what's the best for the team? I mean it seems so obvious, maybe they have more insight about the starter tonight than I do. Well obviously.

Btw, I know you didnt say this was for sure it

But I am a fool me once, fool me twice kinda person.

100 career starts for Zach Davies. He doesn’t really get his due with the fan base but he’s been pretty good.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It actually has nothing to do with superstition. Maybe he just doesn’t want the kid to put extra pressure on himself. I’m not saying that’s what it is

I get what you are saying... but do you really think there is a difference between being in the majors batting low in the order and batting high in the order. The pressure to succeed at any batting slot is high. I don't think you can point to a huge difference between batting 4th-7th and batting in the top 3. Hitting is hitting and Hiura seems like a calm technician.

I worried his power wouldn't play as well as it has in the MLB but everyone at every level has pointed to hit contact tool being plus plus. You bat that guy at the top of the order.

The stupidly high .387 OBP out of the gates confirms that.

100 career starts for Zach Davies. He doesn’t really get his due with the fan base but he’s been pretty good.

Zach has been more than decent for us since arriving from the Orioles organization. I'm expecting 6 innings with 3-4 runs given up tonight ... just short of a quality start, tonight.

Oh some of us give it to him. I've said ever since I joined, that i love watching him pitch when he is on. But i do agree, he is slightly looked over by most fans.

"Davies is pitching tonight. I know alot of you guys could care less, but I am a big fan of watching Davies trying to perfect his craft with less than average fastball. When Davies can control all of his pitches, he is a treat to watch."

Cain's plate discipline has been miserable this year.

Yep. Lost his eye from a year ago and it’s killed this team this season.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived