Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-18: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Kelly) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Davies allows 1 run over 7.0 IP; Batters breakout versus D-backs bullpen]

Eye Black
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed that Grisham shouldn't be compared to Hiura, but Grisham was a 1st round pick in his own right, is likely the LF of the future here, is finally, finally showing the promise that we saw when we drafted him and is quite possibly the new #1 prospect in our system. People are excited about him and I think it's great.

The revision of Baseball america's top 30 prospects for each team came out today. They have Grisham at #9. Dont remember where he was previously.

That's way too low. No matter where everyone is at on the Grisham hype train I think we can all agree there are not 8 better prospects in our system at this very moment than Trent Grisham.

Not sure he's 9th if you count all of our guys who are pre-arby. I'd struggle to find 3 better prospects if you graduate Hiura.

See ya guys tomorrow have good nights all, even to my haters. I'll be back tomorrow so we can go 4-0 since my joining here. :)

GOOD WIN

Awesome job, Diamondbacks! You are the Brewers rabbit-foot! Woot!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Starting pitching ERA over the last 18 games is 2.52. That includes a few Houser stinkers. That seems pretty ok to me.

Starting pitching isn't the problem. If they acquire a starter, I think it's going to be a guy with control beyond this year. But the pen is where additions are needed.

Community Moderator
Now 3-0 since I gave up on the season. I will continue to report daily...wouldn't want to jinx this. Would like to watch tomorrow's game but that would jinx it also.

Now 3-0 since I gave up on the season. I will continue to report daily...wouldn't want to jinx this. Would like to watch tomorrow's game but that would jinx it also.

We have to meet and shake hands at a brewer game in David Stearns office while Ueker watches, to enhance our super powers. Since the crew is 3-0 since you inexplicably quit on them and 3-0 since I joined here. :) @

To guarantee a WS birth :) :)

Starting pitching ERA over the last 18 games is 2.52. That includes a few Houser stinkers. That seems pretty ok to me.

Starting pitching isn't the problem. If they acquire a starter, I think it's going to be a guy with control beyond this year. But the pen is where additions are needed.

That stat coming during a stretch when the Brewers lost more games than they won against teams with losing records illustrates what we already knew. That is that the Brewers have had problems beyond just starting pitching.

The starters’ ERA has been good recently, but they still don’t cover enough innings to protect a thin bullpen. And the offense has had way too many low scoring games to put together an extended winning period.

A turnaround has to start somewhere and hopefully this is it.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Agreed. We really have only one reliever we can rely on and that isn't enough.

Archived