Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-18: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Kelly) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Davies allows 1 run over 7.0 IP; Batters breakout versus D-backs bullpen]

Eye Black
This bullpen is a huge problem. You've got one reliable guy.

Trade, put Houser back in the pen, I don't know, but you've got to fix this pen.

Peralta doesn't agree. Nor does his 2.57 reliever ERA. Hader Houser and Peralta are our 3 best pen arms.

I don't recall Peralta hitting 97, 98 like he was yesterday. The guy can't hit the glove to save his life but if that is the new Freddy, I'm willing to see where this goes.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill is in denial about Jeffress too.

I think you’re going to have to come to terms with the fact that Bill is going to support our players with his commentary. He’s not going to tear them down. And to be fair, JJ just got us out of what could have been a big inning.

I know. I have always actually liked Bill. I dont know what it is, but latley I've become irritated by everything he says. Maybe me, not him haha.

If he’s going to acquire some bullpen help, I sure hope Stearns doesn’t wait until right before the deadline. We could definitely use the help for the extra week or so. The division is so tight, one game could very well make the difference.

Not sure that they have a choice sometimes. I’m sure a lot of teams want to wait to see where there team ends up by July 31st. And hold out to get their best deal.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If he’s going to acquire some bullpen help, I sure hope Stearns doesn’t wait until right before the deadline. We could definitely use the help for the extra week or so. The division is so tight, one game could very well make the difference.

I hope we dont wait either. I think this ten game stretch is big, as far as building momentum and think we are gonna go 7 and 3 and take over first place. But the sooner reinforcements arrive the better.

Not sure that they have a choice sometimes. I’m sure a lot of teams want to wait to see where there team ends up by July 31st. And hold out to get their best deal.

Yeah and Streans probably won't be fishing with big offers... he'll probably try to do a few rental deals on the cheap. There's no reason for selling teams to do those early.

That right-center stroke by Braun is really promising. He’s been good lately but if he gets going that way, watch out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is spot on. Teams will trade pieces right now, but it is in their best interest to hold out for the best deal they can get, which is why the deadline is just a crazy time. The guys that are in high demand, which is going to include every high leverage reliever on the market, are going to have multiple teams bidding on them, and their owners are going to hold out for the best package.

Community Moderator

I could see some of the relievers just below the top tier that are on the worst AL teams get traded sooner. Wouldn’t be shocked if guys like Colome or Diekman get traded over the next week.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Last 3 games we got good starting pitching and with late offensive surge tonight, the bats going a bit. This is more like the team I thought they would be. Let's see how Gio looks, if he looks good...man I like are SP.

They’ve done well the last couple games, but I’d still like to see us acquire one more starter. Definitely need the bullpen help more though.

Agreed that Grisham shouldn't be compared to Hiura, but Grisham was a 1st round pick in his own right, is likely the LF of the future here, is finally, finally showing the promise that we saw when we drafted him and is quite possibly the new #1 prospect in our system. People are excited about him and I think it's great.

The revision of Baseball america's top 30 prospects for each team came out today. They have Grisham at #9. Dont remember where he was previously.

That's way too low. No matter where everyone is at on the Grisham hype train I think we can all agree there are not 8 better prospects in our system at this very moment than Trent Grisham.

Last 3 games we got good starting pitching and with late offensive surge tonight, the bats going a bit. This is more like the team I thought they would be. Let's see how Gio looks, if he looks good...man I like are SP.

I need to see more than 3 solid starts from Chacin before I'd go that far.

I need to see more than 3 solid starts from Chacin before I'd go that far.

I didnt mention Chacin for a reason. Not even talking about him. Our 1, 2 I feel confident with going out their. Chase has looked really good as of late. Maybe Chacin is the Chase Anderson of this year and gets left off our playoff roster.

Archived