Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-18: Brewers (Davies) at Diamondbacks (Kelly) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Davies allows 1 run over 7.0 IP; Batters breakout versus D-backs bullpen]

Eye Black
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeffress is soon to be out of a role if Stearns is able to get a deal made. You just can’t trust this guy anymore.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Isn’t Houser in the pen since Gio is starting?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jeffress is soon to be out of a role if Stearns is able to get a deal made. You just can’t trust this guy anymore.

It's a sad state cause he was soooo good last year. His stuff was so dominant. Plus he is a really likable guy and a awesome DJ. But ya, something needs to be done.

I think he'd be fine in that...tie game or down 1 in the 6th spot. Ya know, the one Burnes has been put in lately. Maybe Jeffress pitches well...maybe not. But probably a spot I wouldnt mind seeing him in.

Agreed that Grisham shouldn't be compared to Hiura, but Grisham was a 1st round pick in his own right, is likely the LF of the future here, is finally, finally showing the promise that we saw when we drafted him and is quite possibly the new #1 prospect in our system. People are excited about him and I think it's great.

The revision of Baseball america's top 30 prospects for each team came out today. They have Grisham at #9. Dont remember where he was previously.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Agreed ... and that sucks, because besides the fact that he seems to be a great guy and has a great story, he was nails last year. But yeah, every time he pitches, batters are squaring up on him. He so rarely gave up hard contact last year. His stuff doesn't look drastically different. Hard to put a finger on what the difference, is.

This bullpen is a huge problem. You've got one reliable guy.

Trade, put Houser back in the pen, I don't know, but you've got to fix this pen.

Peralta doesn't agree. Nor does his 2.57 reliever ERA. Hader Houser and Peralta are our 3 best pen arms.

Agreed ... and that sucks, because besides the fact that he seems to be a great guy and has a great story, he was nails last year. But yeah, every time he pitches, batters are squaring up on him. He so rarely gave up hard contact last year. His stuff doesn't look drastically different. Hard to put a finger on what the difference, is.

You’ll get two answers:

-Pina/Kratz aren’t back there calling the pitches

-DJ is gone.

Bill is in denial about Jeffress too.

I think you’re going to have to come to terms with the fact that Bill is going to support our players with his commentary. He’s not going to tear them down. And to be fair, JJ just got us out of what could have been a big inning.

If he’s going to acquire some bullpen help, I sure hope Stearns doesn’t wait until right before the deadline. We could definitely use the help for the extra week or so. The division is so tight, one game could very well make the difference.

Archived