Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-17: Braves (Keuchel) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- HR’s for Piña and Yelich; Hiura hits a pair of doubles; Brewers hold on late]

Eye Black
Donaldson has been on everything today.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guerra is the Benjamin Button of our pitching staff. He gradually gets worse with every appearance.

I feel like that is true of him most years and then sometimes he has a nice last month. Last year he started out strong and flamed out hard around this time

Crazy homer by Donaldson. 96 MPH high and tight out of the zone. Nice 1-2 pitch, but Donaldson pulled everything in and yanked it right down the line.

Yep. He’s a very good hitter. Guerra threw the ball fine after the lead off walk.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

To Guerra's credit, most hitters aren't going to be able to get around on and up and in 96 mph fastball like Donaldson did. That was pretty impressive.

So Guerra gets credit for not locating that pitch which was supposed to be down and away and was up and in?

It was pretty by Donaldson though

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
To Guerra's credit, most hitters aren't going to be able to get around on and up and in 96 mph fastball like Donaldson did. That was pretty impressive.

So Guerra gets credit for not locating that pitch which was supposed to be down and away and was up and in?

Location was bad, but the end result was a pitch that should not have been able to be deposited in the seats.

Location was bad, but the end result was a pitch that should not have been able to be deposited in the seats.

I agree with that part. That was pretty nuts.

Good lord is Hiura a great hitter. His swing sort of reminds me of Paul Molitor.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hiura is ridiculous. All that hype about him being a Braun-level hitter upon call-up might have been warranted.

I don't think you could have drawn up more of a prototype for what this lineup was lacking. Hits to all fields, gives you good at bats, and best of all, his right-handed stick balanced the lineup in a big way. I would hope that the K rate will subside at some point.

Archived