Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-17: Braves (Keuchel) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- HR’s for Piña and Yelich; Hiura hits a pair of doubles; Brewers hold on late]

Eye Black
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never understood the "peralta is a bullpen guy" thought process. He can never locate. You simply don't want that characteristic from a guy out of the pen.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Amazing the power he gets with his body type/frame.

Actually his frame is perfect for generating crazy power with the leverage he can get.

I don’t disagree with the leverage part but you can’t say that the majority of sluggers throughout the history of any level of baseball are built like him.

Christian Yelich - 6'-3", 195

Ted Williams - 6'3", 205

Barry Bonds pre PEDs was 6'1 and wiry

Darryl Strawberry - 6'6", 190

Ken Griffey Jr - 6'3", 195

Cody Bellinger - 6'4", 205

Doesn't have to be a majority of sluggers - but there have been lefty high-average, high-power hitters throughout the game's history that resemble Yelich's frame. They stand out because they prove you don't have to look like a linebacker or running back to generate bat speed and power.

Archived