Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-17: Braves (Keuchel) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- HR’s for Piña and Yelich; Hiura hits a pair of doubles; Brewers hold on late]

Eye Black
Al McGuire used to say that the Queen Mary turns with a bump.

The next 11 games will tell us a lot about whether this is a bump that starts a turnaround, or just a short respite from the fall.

I think you meant the next 10.. 4 against Arizona, 3 against the Reds, 3 against the Flubs. Were are going 7 and 3 in the next ten and back to first place, BOOK IT

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back 2 back games with alot of heroes in them. The offense spread out, not just Yelich.

Chase with a great outing. Man if we get keep Chase going and Davies continues pitching well, I like are 1 2 3, weather in that order or not

LETS GO CHASE, keep pitching this way and you are gonna earn your self a spot in the rotation in playoffs.

You know all of the sudden with Woodruff, Davies, and Anderson with the numbers they have, the rotation doesn't look so horrible. Even Houser has shown some flashes of success. It's the bullpen that has been really concerning.

I have no idea if he's hurt or not, but the tail end of June he was lights out and in July he's given up an unusual number of deep fly balls. It could be rust, it could be injury, it could be fluke.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Back 2 back games with alot of heroes in them. The offense spread out, not just Yelich.

Chase with a great outing. Man if we get keep Chase going and Davies continues pitching well, I like are 1 2 3, weather in that order or not

LETS GO CHASE, keep pitching this way and you are gonna earn your self a spot in the rotation in playoffs.

You know all of the sudden with Woodruff, Davies, and Anderson with the numbers they have, the rotation doesn't look so horrible. Even Houser has shown some flashes of success. It's the bullpen that has been really concerning.

Saw this in a tweet today:

Brewers starting pitchers came into the day with a 2.77 ERA since June 27, third in baseball in that stretch. Plus another 5 2/3 scoreless today.

Starters have been fine. The pen needs help. Obviously. I expect Stearns to address it. Moving Houser back to the pen should help.

Hiura's short compact swing is tough to think of similar ones. Trout is the best I can think of, maybe Jeter. obviously good comps there. Not a lot of people have similar swings

Let's just end this now.

I may be crazy but his swing reminds me of Bagwell.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Agreed and I forgot about Houser. Ya, we desperately need a 7th, 8th inning guy. I hope we get someone who can help, and Stearns doesnt just sit back and hope that the people we have now improve...like Guerra, Albers, Jefress, maybe throw Burnes in there..we need a shut down guy. Not to say that the guys I mentioned havent had flashes of being good. But if we are just gonna rely on them...ya i dont think any Brewer fan would be happy about that.

Hiura's short compact swing is tough to think of similar ones. Trout is the best I can think of, maybe Jeter. obviously good comps there. Not a lot of people have similar swings

Let's just end this now.

Maybe....Its hard to get Bagwells really low crouch out of my head and picture how compact his swing was. Bags, might of had, a more of an upper cut to his swing though. Not a bad comparison though.

Al McGuire used to say that the Queen Mary turns with a bump.

The next 11 games will tell us a lot about whether this is a bump that starts a turnaround, or just a short respite from the fall.

I think you meant the next 10.. 4 against Arizona, 3 against the Reds, 3 against the Flubs. Were are going 7 and 3 in the next ten and back to first place, BOOK IT

I'm dreaming big...

FREE BURGERS AFTER THE NEXT TEN GAMES!!!!!

Community Moderator

Let's just end this now.

I couldn’t agree more. Jeff Bagwell has been the Hiura swing comp in my mind for the past couple of years. I wouldn’t be shocked if Hiura fills out even more from a strength perspective and has a similar body comp as well.

It’s sometimes forgotten this is what Jeff Bagwell looked like at 22 years old...

51aUURtda9L.jpg

And 23 years old...

http://beckett-www.s3.amazonaws.com/news/news-content/uploads/2017/01/1991-Stadium-Club-Jeff-Bagwell-RC1.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Let's just end this now.

I couldn’t agree more. Jeff Bagwell has been the Hiura swing comp in my mind for the past couple of years. I wouldn’t be shocked if Hiura fills out even more from a strength perspective and has a similar body comp as well.

It’s sometimes forgotten this is what Jeff Bagwell looked like at 22 years old...

51aUURtda9L.jpg

And 23 years old...

http://beckett-www.s3.amazonaws.com/news/news-content/uploads/2017/01/1991-Stadium-Club-Jeff-Bagwell-RC1.jpg

I’m thinking Bagwell might have had some artificial help in filling out

Brewers!!!!! When was the last time we won a series other than the pirates!

I just got back from Dubuque. Missed the whole game

I see the brewers relievers gave up 5 hits and 4 walks in three innings. We really need five new relievers. Maybe houser will help

Everytime I see hiura boxscore daily that whole Shaw thing just aggravates me more

Who the hell made the error in the ninth?

Let's just end this now.

51aUURtda9L.jpg

And 23 years old...

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I wouldn’t use bagwell unless you think hiura is going to go full Braun

Let's just end this now.

51aUURtda9L.jpg

And 23 years old...

I’m thinking Bagwell might have had some artificial help in filling out

He was one of the worst steroid abusers as were many in Houston. He just wasn't as good as Sosa/Bonds/Big Mac so he wasn't as focused on. Remember Bagwell's buddy Ken Caminiti

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I think you can make a pretty god argument with park effects that Bagwell was at least as good of an overall hitter as Big Mac. He certainly beats him handily in WAR though some of that is just being healthy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brewers!!!!! When was the last time we won a series other than the pirates!

I just got back from Dubuque. Missed the whole game

I see the brewers relievers gave up 5 hits and 4 walks in three innings. We really need five new relievers. Maybe houser will help

Everytime I see hiura boxscore daily that whole Shaw thing just aggravates me more

Who the hell made the error in the ninth?

1. Guerra was a dumpster fire in the 8th. I guess that really wasn't a surprise. Hader was fine, though. Two dink singles and a grounder that just found a hole.

2. I think it is tough to fault the Brewers for trying to get Shaw right. You just can't give up on a middle-of-the-order power bat. Obviously the plan failed, but it was pretty easy to see and understand why they did it.

3. Pina dropped a 3rd strike from Hader to Freeman, then airmailed the ball over Aguilar's head at 1st base to put Freeman on. Pretty ugly play.

It's a win! Enjoy it man!

Pretty cool seeing the return of the 2017 version of Chase Anderson so far. He's attacking the zone and has been pretty dang efficient with his pitches.

With all of our pitching issues it is great he is going so well.

Hiura is ridiculous. All that hype about him being a Braun-level hitter upon call-up might have been warranted.

I remember so many here talked about his kid and how good he is and you all were 100% correct! What a joy to behold.

Archived