Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-17: Braves (Keuchel) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- HR’s for Piña and Yelich; Hiura hits a pair of doubles; Brewers hold on late]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

48306295151_2d98c06697_c.jpg

48306413202_787b6fef30_c.jpg

[pre]Braves Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Ronald Acuna Jr. ® CF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Dansby Swanson ® SS 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Josh Donaldson ® 3B 4. Keston Hiura ® 2B

5. Ozzie Albies (S) 2B 5. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B

6. Brian McCann (L) C 6. Manny Pina ® C

7. Austin Riley ® LF 7. Orlando Arcia ® SS

8. Matt Joyce (L) RF 8. Tyler Saladino ® 3B

9. Dallas Keuchel (L) P 9. Chase Anderson ® P[/pre]

Chase Anderson: Batter (Braves) vs Pitching Stats

Dallas Keuchel: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
After last night's offensive outburst, hopefully the bats show up again today, and the Brewers can scratch and claw their way to a win. Thanks to Woody's pen-saving performance last night, only Jay Jackson is going to be down this afternoon. Hopefully last night was the start of a run, and by this time next week, the Brewers have a nice shopping list of what they need to go for the division title.

Make the move, CC? Huira up, Braun down in the order. I am assuming Grandal gets today off.

Cain CF

Yelich RF

Huira 2B

Moose 3B

Aguilar 1B

Braun LF

Pina C

Pitcher

Arcia SS

I like it in theory, but don't know if I want to add any pressure to Hiura. I think I'd prefer to more slowly inch him up. I'm guessing we'll see Braun and Hiura flipped. I personally would go Aguilar 3rd, Hiura 5th, Braun 6th.

Make the move, CC? Huira up, Braun down in the order. I am assuming Grandal gets today off.

Cain CF

Yelich RF

Huira 2B

Moose 3B

Aguilar 1B

Braun LF

Pina C

Pitcher

Arcia SS

I like it in theory, but don't know if I want to add any pressure to Hiura. I think I'd prefer to more slowly inch him up. I'm guessing we'll see Braun and Hiura flipped. I personally would go Aguilar 3rd, Hiura 5th, Braun 6th.

I think it could be too much pressure on a rookie to have Hiura hit 3rd or 4th and expect him to be one of the guys to carry the offense. When he has hit 4th or 5th this season, he is 5-27. He is 33-93 when hitting lower in the lineup. It’s a small sample size, but it’s something to consider when talking about a 22 year old rookie and putting him in a spot to be the main run producer.

I could see him getting bumped up to 5th possibly, but I think it’ll be around season’s end or next season before we see him in the 3 or 4 spot consistently.

Lineup:

Cain - CF

Yelich - RF

Braun - LF

Hiura - 2B

Aguilar - 1B

Pina - C

Arcia - SS

Saladino - 3B

Anderson - P

Odd that both Moose and Yasmani are getting breather days on the same day, but I guess I get it with Keuchel on the hill. Those looking for Hiura to be moved up will be happy.

Hiura batting clean-up. Ask and ye shall receive.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm personally not a fan of loading up RH hitters against a LH starter. LH starters generally have arsenals geared more toward getting RH hitters out since they face more of them. I like throwing at least 2 LH hitters in a lineup against a LH starter so they have to change how they pitch. Can't just figure out and start spotting the changeup just off the outside corner over and over against a RH hitter. You for sure shouldn't start Thames, but I would have liked to see one of Gamel/Moose in the lineup today. Not a huge deal though, that 7-9 looks like 3 automatic outs though...yikes.

If Chase is rolling and they pull him before the 5th again I might lose my mind. And yes, let's Hiura up and move Keston to the 3 hole already.

I'd rather we put Yeli in the 3 hole and Huira 2nd. And I too hope we see good Anderson again today.

Pina - C

Arcia - SS

Saladino - 3B

Anderson - P

im-65898?width=310&size=.5

Exactly. Trying to finally win a series and this is the crap that gets tossed out there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Go starting Saturday.....Houser back to the pen.

Best decision they’ve made in quite some time.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I feel like this game is a really big deal. It would be huge to take 2 of 3 from a quality team like the Braves. I feel like that alone would signal we should be buyers. A sign of turning things around and taking 2 of 3 from the 2nd best team record in the NL.

I feel like this game is a really big deal. It would be huge to take 2 of 3 from a quality team like the Braves. I feel like that alone would signal we should be buyers. A sign of turning things around and taking 2 of 3 from the 2nd best team record in the NL.

I agree 100 percent.

While any talk of "must win" games is probably a little silly at this juncture, I agree that this afternoon's game feels like it has a little bit of extra significance. It would be pretty great to see the team come off of last night's offensive explosion with another well-played game.

I know another good game would at least do the fanbase a lot of good. Last's night's game was a pretty sweet reminder of what it feels like to be a Brewer fan in good times.

I agree 100 percent.

I know the counter argument is we lost 2 of 3 to the Giants, but the Giants are also beating the Rockies 29-7 so far in the first 3 games of their series. The Giants also won 6 of 7 heading into the break. Taking one from a team that hot you could argue was successful...and the other 2 games were relatively close until our 6th and 7th bullpen arms blew them open. The Braves won 4 of 6 heading into the break and 4 straight after the break until they lost to us yesterday. So fairly obvious the Braves are also playing well.

Archived