Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-16: Braves (Wilson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-1 -- It Was A Good Day; Woodruff looks great; Yelich hits first Brewers’ Grand Slam of the season]

Eye Black
This is why you stick with guys that have great stuff and are young. Woodruff was jerked around so much the past couple years and finally given the chance, he's shining. Developing a high quality starting pitcher is almost worth the suffering so far. I'll take a starter stud over a bullpen stud any day, modern times be damned.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Seeing how Woodruff looks compared to two years ago I find myself fantasizing that maybe Peralta and Burnes can be like that when they’re 26.

It seems to be a typical development trajectory for certain starters. Nobody struggled worse at times than Jimmy Nelson before he had his breakout (pre-injury obviously). Woodruff’s path has been very similar to Nelson’s in my opinion.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Dropped by IGT since they're winning, figured there may be less negativity and snide comments. I was right, only 80% of that tonight instead of the typical 90%.

I suspect 99.9% of the message boards in sports are the same way.

Pretty much Human Nature.

That's probably true, but I suspect it's only about 2% of the posters that make it that way. Anyways... GO BREWERS!!!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Seeing how Woodruff looks compared to two years ago I find myself fantasizing that maybe Peralta and Burnes can be like that when they’re 26.

It seems to be a typical development trajectory for certain starters. Nobody struggled worse at times than Jimmy Nelson before he had his breakout (pre-injury obviously). Woodruff’s path has been very similar to Nelson’s in my opinion.

This train of thought gives me a lot of hope for Burnes and Houser. Pretty similar type stuff from all those guys.

This is why you stick with guys that have great stuff and are young. Woodruff was jerked around so much the past couple years and finally given the chance, he's shining. Developing a high quality starting pitcher is almost worth the suffering so far. I'll take a starter stud over a bullpen stud any day, modern times be damned.

Ya, I dont know why Woody was jerked around so much.

Dropped by IGT since they're winning, figured there may be less negativity and snide comments. I was right, only 80% of that tonight instead of the typical 90%.

The funny thing is that several of the uber-negative "regulars" haven't posted tonight. It makes me think that there are several that only log on to the site to post IGT negativity.

Sorry, I've been busy...

This train of thought gives me a lot of hope for Burnes and Houser. Pretty similar type stuff from all those guys.

All their stuff is basically the same. I hope Burnes doesnt lose confidence, it's all mental now with Burnes

Must be american.

I wouldn't say things like this or I would guess your stay will end up being a short one.

But it's ok for others to insult me because I joined 2 hours ago? Like that's a really elementary insult, lol. It actually made me laugh.

Someone comes in here with snide remarks, about people who are snide. Like I said, hypocrisy.

@joey,

So what if I joined two hours ago? Nice argument though to my statement...typical to insult someone when you cant argue a point. Must be american.

You want to argue ... ok. How was I being snide? Several of the regular pessimistic posters haven't shown up tonight in a game the team is playing well. Granted it could be a total coincidence, but most have been IGT regulars during this slide. Just connecting the dots.

All their stuff is basically the same. I hope Burnes doesnt lose confidence, it's all mental now with Burnes

I feel like Woodruff took off as a starter after developing at least a serviceable change and curve to combat lefties - Burnes and Peralta could benefit greatly from that same thing happening.

I suspect 99.9% of the message boards in sports are the same way.

Pretty much Human Nature.

They absolutely are. As I said yesterday, people who think Brewer fans and posters on this board are the most pessimistic in the world have never lived anywhere else or visited other message boards. Try living around Philadelphia or New York sometime.

At Saturday’s Brewer game there were four guys sitting behind us who were Astros fans. One guy was in his phone the whole night and was basically providing a play by play of the Astros game to the rest of the group. One time after a guy got thrown out trying to stretch a single to a double, and then Bregman hit a HR, they were ******** about the wasted run and how bad the Astros are fundamentally. One guy said that, injuries or not, the Astros have played lousy baseball for the last month.

This is for a team that has been in the playoffs like 4 years in a row, won a World Series, and is has a commanding lead in their division despite missing Altuve, Correa, Springer, and who knows who else for extended periods of time. I felt so sorry for their suffering.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

@joey,

So what if I joined two hours ago? Nice argument though to my statement...typical to insult someone when you cant argue a point. Must be american.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2e87ec55486f5163aba6d8&rid=giphy.gif

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Must be american.

I wouldn't say things like this or I would guess your stay will end up being a short one.

But it's ok for others to insult me because I joined 2 hours ago?

I didn't say that. I'm just giving you a heads up, probably want to steer clear of nationality/race remarks.

I mean, it's natural to focus on the negative when there's almost all negative. Tonight, it's easy to be positive with a Hiura home run and Woodruff start. Sports fans in general are far worse than this board. Go to some trendy cubs and cards boards. They're much worse. Overall I find this board to be sometimes annoyingly positive for a realist like myself, but also recognize we need those folks for balance in the world. Or maybe I just went on a run in the rain and feel excellent?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

@joey,

You want to argue ... ok. How was I being snide? Several of the regular pessimistic posters haven't shown up tonight in a game the team is playing well. Granted it could be a total coincidence, but most have been IGT regulars during this slide. Just connecting the dots.

But I never said you were being snide? I was talking to FV man.

The funny thing is that several of the uber-negative "regulars" haven't posted tonight. It makes me think that there are several that only log on to the site to post IGT negativity.

Sorry, I've been busy...

LOL ... that wasn't directed at you mtrebs. I think you have a great viewpoint on the team. You do a nice job backing up your viewpoints, especially the negative ones, in an engaging and thoughtful way.

@joey,

I'm from Puerto Rico...what are you trying to say? Did my comment to someone else really offend you?

@joey,

I'm from Puerto Rico...what are you trying to say? Did my comment to someone else really offend you?

I think he was just injecting some humor into the situation.

@joey,

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Brew4u is chuckling right now. He helps keep things light around here.

Archived