Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-16: Braves (Wilson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-1 -- It Was A Good Day; Woodruff looks great; Yelich hits first Brewers’ Grand Slam of the season]

Eye Black
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You all hate on Saladino...but Arcia is 5-33 since Saladino came up. That's so much better, right?? So much in fact, he deserves to be starting every game! He's just absolutely raking!

Nice straw man. Who ever said Arcia was raking? And 5 for 33 is still better then what Saladino had done, LOL.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You all hate on Saladino...but Arcia is 5-33 since Saladino came up. That's so much better, right?? So much in fact, he deserves to be starting every game! He's just absolutely raking!

I think the argument is more "If you aren't going to play your 24-year-old SS, you should be playing your 24-year old AAA SS."

[sarcasm]Let's see if we can get Woody through five to set him up for the win and turn it over to the bullpen.[/sarcasm]

A little worried Claudio is going to be rusty after going 54 hours without an appearance.

Yeah, because batting average is all that matters.

[sarcasm]Let's see if we can get Woody through five to set him up for the win and turn it over to the bullpen.[/sarcasm]

A little worried Claudio is going to be rusty after going 54 hours without an appearance.

It might take him another 10 appearances to shake that much rust off, but that should only take the rest of the week to reach that.

Saladino about to get hit by a spear and throws a strike...Hiura gets a perfect feed and can’t get within 20 feet of first base with his throw.

Of course, one of those men is already one of the best hitters on the team and the other would go 1 for 5 in a bar league softball game, so you have to take the bad with the good.

I know there is alot to worry about this team and this shouldn't be high on the list, but is anyone else a little worried about Yelich? I mean I didnt expect him to hit 60 HRs...but 50 should be a given, with 31 in first half. Just seems like his power has dropped a bit. Like I said, unrealistic expectations, but I just seen Bellinger is at 34 HRs.

Again, apologize if my grammar and English is not the best, still learning.

I am not worried about him, but after a calendar year of near superhuman production he is clearly not swinging or seeing the ball well. He’s swinging and missing a lot and seems off balance on a lot of his swings. Don’t know if it’s just a slump or if his back problems are a factor. 50 HR for him should never have been a given because his pace was unsustainable and the AS break is significantly beyond the actual halfway point of the season. I really don’t care about Yelich winning the HR title or any other individual honor, but the Brewers could really use him to get hot again if they have any hope of going on a hot streak to stay in playoff contention.

BTW, on grammar, in that last sentence it should be “I just saw”.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Just as I posted the message above, another example of Yelich being off balance with his swing in ways he never is when he’s in a good groove.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I wish BA and Rock would stop worrying about the silly Yelich/Bellinger daily HR watch. We have been playing dog crap baseball for 1 month+. I like it when Yelich homers because it helps us win and get this turned around. I don't care how many more or less homeruns he has than Cody Bellinger.

Keaton is freaking legit

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I know there is alot to worry about this team and this shouldn't be high on the list, but is anyone else a little worried about Yelich? I mean I didnt expect him to hit 60 HRs...but 50 should be a given, with 31 in first half. Just seems like his power has dropped a bit. Like I said, unrealistic expectations, but I just seen Bellinger is at 34 HRs.

Again, apologize if my grammar and English is not the best, still learning.

I am not worried about him, but after a calendar year of near superhuman production he is clearly not swinging or seeing the ball well. He’s swinging and missing a lot and seems off balance on a lot of his swings. Don’t know if it’s just a slump or if his back problems are a factor. 50 HR for him should never have been a given because his pace was unsustainable and the AS break is significantly beyond the actual halfway point of the season. I really don’t care about Yelich winning the HR title or any other individual honor, but the Brewers could really use him to get hot again if they have any hope of going on a hot streak to stay in playoff contention.

BTW, on grammar, in that last sentence it should be “I just saw”.

I think most thought 50 was a given at one point.

And not sure if you being sincere or kinda xenophobic , but thanks for the grammar lesson. Maybe I'll teach you some spanish.

I wish BA and Rock would stop worrying about the silly Yelich/Bellinger daily HR watch. We have been playing dog crap baseball for 1 month+. I like it when Yelich homers because it helps us win and get this turned around. I don't care how many more or less homeruns he has than Cody Bellinger.

Also stop worrying about the Cubs losing.

Just as I posted the message above, another example of Yelich being off balance with his swing in ways he never is when he’s in a good groove.

He has like 7 hits a home run and several walks since the All Star break. Sure he's not going deep every night but he's still been pretty damn good

He has like 7 hits a home run and several walks since the All Star break. Sure he's not going deep every night but he's still been pretty damn good

He has set high expectations for himself and us.

Archived