Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-16: Braves (Wilson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-1 -- It Was A Good Day; Woodruff looks great; Yelich hits first Brewers’ Grand Slam of the season]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I am guessing Counsell is gonna keep starting Saladino until he hits those HRs Craig said were gonna come. Double down Craig.

Arcia must have really done something bad to get in Counsell's doghouse. I'm having trouble understanding why Dubon isn't getting this playing time at the ML level, though. Dubon is quite possibly part of the future of this team. Saladino likely isn't.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woodruff is so fun to watch.

Agreed ... he has really taken a big step this year. He looks very similar to what Jimmy Nelson looked like in 2017. Woodruff probably has a little more on his fastball, though.

Woodruff hit 100mph, in the first! Ha, I would say so. Woody seems to get better and better with every start.

Woodruff is so fun to watch.

Agreed ... he has really taken a big step this year. He looks very similar to what Jimmy Nelson looked like in 2017. Woodruff probably has a little more on his fastball, though.

Yeah Nelson topped out around 96.... that's cruising speed for Woody

I am guessing Counsell is gonna keep starting Saladino until he hits those HRs Craig said were gonna come. Double down Craig.

Arcia must have really done something bad to get in Counsell's doghouse. I'm having trouble understanding why Dubon isn't getting this playing time at the ML level, though. Dubon is quite possibly part of the future of this team. Saladino likely isn't.

Ya, I would love to know what Arcia did..or didnt do. Has anyone asked this question? Why Arcia is CLEARLY in the dog house. I mean it's not like just a conspiracy theory..

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hiura is just getting comfortable with what he can do here. It's about to get real interesting watching him the rest of the year.

Having that bat in the lineup is huge. If they can only get a couple others going (Cain and Braun), they offense could really do some damage.

Hiura is just getting comfortable with what he can do here. It's about to get real interesting watching him the rest of the year.

Huira should be higher in the line up. He seems like the perfect 2 or 3 hitter. He should be ahead or behind Yelich, imho.

Having that bat in the lineup is huge. If they can only get a couple others going (Cain and Braun), they offense could really do some damage.

This lineup if all clicking, is dangerous, and one of the best in NL.

Very true. I am looking forward to a day with Cain Yelich Hiura being our top three.

Rock making the "playing time" excuse for Saladino is rich. He's gotten far too MUCH playing time since he came up. It's not like he's been sitting on the bench for a week without batting.

4 for 35 since the call-up, but he's heating up!

I really am pulling for the guy. Ever since last year. But you have to have production. Cant accept under .100 hitters. Hopefully Salad man gets a little confidence from that and can put something together.

Rock making the "playing time" excuse for Saladino is rich. He's gotten far too MUCH playing time since he came up. It's not like he's been sitting on the bench for a week without batting.

Well Tyler did have a great half splits stretch in the first...At least Brian was real about the situation, saying Tyler knows the clock is ticking and needs to be produce.

Bill is to much of a brown nose to say something like that.

Counsell loves players that remind him of himself.

Archived