Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-16: Braves (Wilson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-1 -- It Was A Good Day; Woodruff looks great; Yelich hits first Brewers’ Grand Slam of the season]

Eye Black
I hope Aguilar’s season is the opposite of last year and he goes on a tear in the 2nd half of this season.

Man I hope so too, he seems to be vital player as far as team chemistry and lighting up the mood...if he can continue doing what he is doing at the plate that would be awesome.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Another friggin bomb for Grisham.......man is he smoking

Ya know I am pumped he's doing well but seeing Saladino score a .900+ OPS in that league tempers my expectations a bit. Hope he's more Keston than Tyler.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Put Cain at 7 and Arcia at 8 in this lineup.

100%agree with this... who is your top 4, in order?

Grandal

Yelich

Hiura

Moose

Braun

Thames

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Facing a lefty used to make me feel hopeless but Hiura and an improved Aguillar make it interesting for sure.

Though they didn’t exactly stack up the runs against Bumgarner and Fried.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I'm kind of mad at Counsell right now for robbing Yelich of a 2 grand slam in a row chance.

I am too, it's kinda selfish, but that woulda been a nice stat line 8 ribs 2hrs, put yelich back in the mvp discussion, triple crown race.

Grandal

Yelich

Hiura

Moose

Braun

Thames

Cain has looked better the last week or so and Grandal has been slumping. I’d just keep Cain at the top for now.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Maybe this help them turn a corner?

This is probably going to be too pessimistic for certain posters on this board but I'm not going believe they have turned a corner until they can show that this pitching staff can go through the rotation a couple of times at an acceptable level of performance. I need to see the consistency with the pitching.

I've actually been pretty happy with the starters over the last few weeks. It seems they've figured things out for the most part there. I'm having a hard time remembering when the last time they had a starter who was shelled.

The bullpen, however, has been a dumpster fire lately. So if you are talking about the pitching staff as a whole, I agree.

Yes, the staff as a whole but it's not just about getting shelled. I want to see a 12 of 15 stretch out of this team before I'm going to believe.........and I'd challenge that a starter hasn't been shelled recently.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Grandal

Yelich

Hiura

Moose

Braun

Thames

That's pretty good, maybe put Thames in lead off, or grandal, but I think that's close to a wash

Facing a lefty used to make me feel hopeless but Hiura and an improved Aguillar make it interesting for sure.

Though they didn’t exactly stack up the runs against Bumgarner and Fried.

True. Hopefully corner turned.

Maybe this help them turn a corner?

This is probably going to be too pessimistic for certain posters on this board but I'm not going believe they have turned a corner until they can show that this pitching staff can go through the rotation a couple of times at an acceptable level of performance. I need to see the consistency with the pitching.

Say what you think. Don’t worry about this pessimistic optimistic crap that people are caught up in. It’s a load of nonsense. That’s what this board is for. People afraid to say what they honestly feel because they are worried about the fan police is boring.

Any debate predicated on optimism/pessimism is useless. I literally could care less about how good a fan someone is. I just care about what’s going on in the field and have some fun with it

Everyone on this board wants the brewers to win. Everyone.

Is the Grisham resurrection the most surprising thing to happen this year outside of the Burnes implosion?

To me...not really. The talent has always been there. He was a 1st round pick, he's always had the pedigree, he's always been young for his level.

Hiura is about a game or two from losing prospect status. To me Grisham is our new #1 prospect.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yes, the staff as a whole but it's not just about getting shelled. I want to see a 12 of 15 stretch out of this team before I'm going to believe.........and I'd challenge that a starter hasn't been shelled recently.

You're right. Houser gave up 6 runs in 4 innings on July 6, and Davies had a bad start at the end of June. Guess I had the short memory on those LOL. Other than that, they've been ok. Certainly good enough that the team should have a better record given the talent they have in the lineup.

For them to go on a 12-3 type stretch, they are just going to need more consistency across the board. No more great starting pitching performances that are wasted when they can't get the bats going. No more handing the ball to a gas can reliever with a 4 run lead, and hoping beyond hope that they can hang on until it's time for Hader to come in. Frankly, they are going to need some of their underperforming hitters to play better, and perhaps some "lightning in a bottle" with the pitching staff.

Is the Grisham resurrection the most surprising thing to happen this year outside of the Burnes implosion?

I certainly wouldn’t have expected it after the move to a (presumably?) more pitcher-friendly environment.

I’m assuming Aguilar is going to tear it up this second half. What do you do. Do you keep him next year and take the chance again

If he tears it up in the 2nd half? Certainly you do. You probably bring back both again. If I'm not mistaken it's a 26 man roster next year.

Archived