Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-16: Braves (Wilson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-1 -- It Was A Good Day; Woodruff looks great; Yelich hits first Brewers’ Grand Slam of the season]

Eye Black
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Mom, dad...this is Touki
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Maybe this help them turn a corner?

They gotta take the confidence from this game and keep it rolling. That frustration they have all been feeling, had to feel good to get that odd their back tonight...just and all around great performance.

Slap Keuchel around and actually win a series would be a big step...

This...

Hopefully this isnt an anomaly and they dont come out and stink it up tomorrow.

We all needed this kinda game...fans and players.

This is probably going to be too pessimistic for certain posters on this board but I'm not going believe they have turned a corner until they can show that this pitching staff can go through the rotation a couple of times at an acceptable level of performance. I need to see the consistency with the pitching.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

They’re not going to be able to put together the kind of winning stretch they would need at some point to be in playoff contention (like winning 8 out of 10) without winning some games without Hader pitching at all, much less two innings.

Agree with this completely. They need to be scouring the trade market for a couple of pen arms. Maybe they might have something here in Jay Jackson, and I suppose if Gio comes back then a pitcher (perhaps Houser) will get shuffled to the pen, but there is still a big need out there for a couple guys who can throw late in the game that you have some confidence in.

This is probably going to be too pessimistic for certain posters on this board but I'm not going believe they have turned a corner until they can show that this pitching staff can go through the rotation a couple of times at an acceptable level of performance. I need to see the consistency with the pitching.

Reasonable response.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This is very reasonable.

I've actually been pretty happy with the starters over the last few weeks. It seems they've figured things out for the most part there. I'm having a hard time remembering when the last time they had a starter who was shelled.

The bullpen, however, has been a dumpster fire lately. So if you are talking about the pitching staff as a whole, I agree.

Crazy that he’s still leading the NL in steals as well. Amazing all around player. So few cover as many aspects of the game.

I am more impressed with leading the NL in steals, than the HR count.

NL is pretty empty on base stealers. Leading the league with a pace under 40 is kinda crazy.

Plus a lot of baseball players are fat ass beer league softball players with beards. Those don’t win many stolen base titles

Another friggin bomb for Grisham.......man is he smoking

Sounds like there’s no better time to trade him so we can be “all in”.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Moneyball & Historic HR rates have really killed the small game. Bunting, stealing, hit & runs, and such have died out a lot. Even the spray hitting has dropped with rose in launch angles and trying to drive ball in air. It’s a different game. Blows my mind why more hitters don’t just bunt verse shifts.... no one is there if you are even a mediocre bunter.

Saladino rocking a solid .290 ops now! It’s climbing!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Put Cain at 7 and Arcia at 8 in this lineup.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived