Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-16: Braves (Wilson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-1 -- It Was A Good Day; Woodruff looks great; Yelich hits first Brewers’ Grand Slam of the season]

Eye Black
I just think Hiura has added that something extra this team needed. Yelich is gonna Yelich but Hiura is that x factor alot of us were screaming for. Also anyone like Gamel over Brauny on the regular?

Gamel makes more contact...both have come up clutch this year, I would personally lean towards Gamel.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers are on the verge of picking up their first 9 inning win by more than two runs since June 9.

Not only have the wins been few and far between but each one has been a grind.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I just think Hiura has added that something extra this team needed. Yelich is gonna Yelich but Hiura is that x factor alot of us were screaming for. Also anyone like Gamel over Brauny on the regular?

No. He gets on base and is exactly the contact hitter we need against all of the hacking. Why should he play more?

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Maybe not regular, but could inch closer to a platoon with Gamel getting more starts vs righties.

Hiura has been on this team during one of the worst stretches of the year. But yes, X-factor.

More pitching please.

If Davies can continue his roll against everyone not named the Pirates, I like our 1,2..

I may be 1 of the few who loves watching Davies pitch.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Crazy that he’s still leading the NL in steals as well. Amazing all around player. So few cover as many aspects of the game.

He's got a legit shot at 40 steals.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really like Gamel as a "gamer" type, but he strikes me as the type that wouldn't be as good if he played more, if you know what I mean. I guess it's kind of hard to explain ... but he's kind of like Hernan Perez in a way. A nice player in small doses, but if he's a regular, I feel like teams will figure him out. He's a perfect 4th OF, and for any team that employs Ryan Braun as a starting OF, Gamel is going to play a lot.

Crazy that he’s still leading the NL in steals as well. Amazing all around player. So few cover as many aspects of the game.

I am more impressed with leading the NL in steals, than the HR count.

NL is pretty empty on base stealers. Leading the league with a pace under 40 is kinda crazy.

Maybe this help them turn a corner?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

NL is pretty empty on base stealers. Leading the league with a pace under 40 is kinda crazy.

Stealing is becoming a dead art form too. Just not as much of it in the game as there used to be.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That's true. It's a lost art.

Hiura has been on this team during one of the worst stretches of the year. But yes, X-factor.

More pitching please.

If Davies can continue his roll against everyone not named the Pirates, I like our 1,2..

I may be 1 of the few who loves watching Davies pitch.

Count me as a big Davies fan as well. His stuff is far from overpowering, and he looks like an 18-year-old, but when healthy, all he's done is produce. And still, you continue to see him thrown into trade conversations. He's not a Woodruff-like ace type, but he's still the type of pitcher you can build around.

Agreed in and of itself it's kind of meh. But to go with a 50+ HR pace it's pretty amazing.

I really like Gamel as a "gamer" type, but he strikes me as the type that wouldn't be as good if he played more, if you know what I mean. I guess it's kind of hard to explain ... but he's kind of like Hernan Perez in a way. A nice player in small doses, but if he's a regular, I feel like teams will figure him out. He's a perfect 4th OF, and for any team that employs Ryan Braun as a starting OF, Gamel is going to play a lot.

I agree with this. He seems to be kind of guy we need more of but could get overexposed quickly. Tough call. Brauny will get his shot tomorrow against Dallas. Very interesting for all of us who wanted him signed.

He’s 3rd in MLB though. It’s sort of the way the league is trending. Teams seem to run less and just try to slug more. Not sure if the numbers back that up. Mondessi the only one at 30....

They gotta take the confidence from this game and keep it rolling. That frustration they have all been feeling, had to feel good to get that off their back tonight...just anall around great performance.

Woodruff is a stud.

Pretty much dominated a really solid, hot lineup tonight. Pretty scary turning it over to the pen here.

Do they go to Hader for two innings tonight? They can't keep doing that, can they? I mean, you need your closer to have more availability.

I am against the 2-innings they’ve been trying to do. I just would rather have more appearances.

They’re not going to be able to put together the kind of winning stretch they would need at some point to be in playoff contention (like winning 8 out of 10) without winning some games without Hader pitching at all, much less two innings.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

They gotta take the confidence from this game and keep it rolling. That frustration they have all been feeling, had to feel good to get that odd their back tonight...just and all around great performance.

Slap Keuchel around and actually win a series would be a big step...

Hey. We win a salvage game. I couldn’t follow tonight until now and of course we ten run them. Woodruff is just a good pitcher. And sending Hijra down for Shaw was just the most asenine thing of the year.

Brewers haven’t had a game like this in awhile.

Archived