Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-15: Braves (Fried) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
What's the difference between Saladino and Nate Orf at this point? I mean they must really be sour on Hernan.

I don’t know why they don’t leave Dubon up. At least there’s a chance of some upside there. To me you know what you have with Perez and Saladino, and the ceiling isn’t too high.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If their plan really was for Saladino to come up and share playing time with Arcia at SS, that was a pretty stupid plan.

Just bring Dubon back up for crying out loud. It's not like you ever need Saladino/Dubon to cover the corner IF spots anyway.

If the Stearns decides to sell, it should be because of the offense, not the pitching.

The pitching stinks, you were wrong, just own it and move on, rather than this constant rationalization to excuse every pitcher on the staff that you like from blame.

The pitching, imo, can be fixed easier. With 2 quality pen arms it won’t “stink”. But go ahead and tell me the offense statistically somehow isn’t bad. Even though anyone with a set of eyes can see that it is.

I wonder if Yelich would have 40 homers already if he had any kind of 3/4 support behind him on a nightly basis. BOOOOO

Uhh... Grandal and Moose have been pretty good this season and Braun is alright. I don’t get this take at all.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What's the difference between Saladino and Nate Orf at this point? I mean they must really be sour on Hernan.

I don’t know why they don’t leave Dubon up. At least there’s a chance of some upside there. To me you know what you have with Perez and Saladino, and the ceiling isn’t too high.

I assumed the reason was they were hoping to trade Dubon for pitching and didn't want to start his MLB service clock to maximize his value as a trade chip...but then they decided to call him up for a hot second around the AS break - so I have no clue anymore

The only thing that can fix this team now is ... A players' only meeting.

I've been thinking this for awhile and wondered why they haven't had one yet.

Was definitely being sarcastic but also thought it's been quite a bad stretch without them at least trying the old cliche.

Remember watching this team last year and every move they made it felt like it just couldn't go wrong?

This year feels like the complete opposite. Nelson, sticking with Burnes, Hiura, Shaw, Saladino, the last spot in the pen, etc. etc, it just feels like every move they make is the wrong one.

If their plan really was for Saladino to come up and share playing time with Arcia at SS, that was a pretty stupid plan.

Just bring Dubon back up for crying out loud. It's not like you ever need Saladino/Dubon to cover the corner IF spots anyway.

No, Saladino has not been good, that is blatantly obvious to everyone. That being said, it's not like Arcia has been any good either. Whether it's Saladino, or Arcia, I have ZERO confidence in the SS position offensively. Whenever one of them comes up, I know it's an automatic out. You'd be better off having Woodruff hit for either one of them.

I wonder if Yelich would have 40 homers already if he had any kind of 3/4 support behind him on a nightly basis. BOOOOO

Uhh... Grandal and Moose have been pretty good this season and Braun is alright. I don’t get this take at all.

I don't consider a .780 OPS (Braun) and Aguilar (who they've trotted out in the cleanup spot until a few weeks ago) especially threatening to opposing pitching like say, a Freddie Freeman. Especially when Moose/ Grandal are leaving (likely) it's a huge weakness in the lineup IMO. Yelich has gone weeks when they haven't thrown him anything.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I just don’t get it. On the nights they get adequate pitching they can’t generate consistent offense. Then they score 7 runs the next night and the pitching staff gives up 10

That’s what you call a losing team. Pretty much the definition

Where is Alex Claudio? It feels like an entire game since we've seen him. If we're going to give up a draft pick for a guy with a 73 mph fastball I expect to get at least 195 appearances out of him.

:laughing this was good!! “It feels like an entire game since we’ve seen him.”

I just don’t get it. On the nights they get adequate pitching they can’t generate consistent offense. Then they score 7 runs the next night and the pitching staff gives up 10

They aren't selling! They're great! Accept it!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Pretty much the definition of a middling team that's in an extended rut - they don't do anything extremely well with any consistency, so they can't count on anything working for them every game. That's a frustrating place to be as a team.

It's what you call inconsistency, but the extremes to which it's been true this year are truly amazing.

Pretty much the definition of a middling team that's in an extended rut - they don't do anything extremely well with any consistency, so they can't count on anything working for them every game. That's a frustrating place to be as a team.

They were fine in April and May though, and then just like that, everything went to hell. It's unusual, usually you see it happen to one or the other...either the Pitching goes, or the hitting goes, not usually both at the same time. I mean what changed once June came?? They were 10 games over...everything wasn't perfect, but they were working enough to get them 10 games over.

It's what you call inconsistency, but the extremes to which it's been true this year are truly amazing.

Some say tomato. Some say tomato.

Saying doesn’t work as good in writing

Archived