Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-15: Braves (Fried) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Freaking Cubs just put 2 on Castillo and lead 3-1 now. Here we go again with that team having a horse shoe up their asses.

The brewers have played like dog scat for almost two months - who cares what any other team is doing now?

Also, why in the world did they take Hiura off this roster back in early June? The k rate will look bad the rest of this year I'm sure, but damn that kid can hit. At some point he needs to be in front of yelich in the lineup

Hiura's an idiot

Oh really?

Yes, the ball is right in front of you, what the hell are you doing running on that?? Contact play or not, you HAVE to be smarter than that.

So a guy that has to make a split second decision on whether to go or not is an idiot? The same guy who lead off with a double and stole 3rd uncontested. Gotcha.

Hiura's an idiot

Oh really?

Yes, the ball is right in front of you, what the hell are you doing running on that?? Contact play or not, you HAVE to be smarter than that.

You have to smarter to know that the contact play doesn't give a runner time to interpret which infielder or pitcher is going to field a grounder...if its hit on the ground the runner goes no matter what.

That being said, if the contact play truly was on in that situation it's a terrible baseball play. Not just for the baserunning - part of it is arcia not taking an approach to try and hit the ball anywhere but to 3b.

I'm glad they left houser in but why can he go into the 6th and they won't let Chase go 5?

Because... analytics. Or something....

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Overall a very good outing from Houser. Two ground ball infield singles given up to two of the best young players in the game, followed by a home run to one of the best players in the game. Nothing to be ashamed of. Could easily be 1-0.

Gio with a good start going in San Antonio. This should be it for Houser in the rotation.

Oh, and Grisham 2-2 with yet another homer.

Wouldn’t be too sure bout that, I can think of a pitcher or two I’d rather be in the pen than Houser.

If you take Hiura out of this lineup what the heck would u have? It continues to amaze that it took as long as it did to get the guy here. It's unbelievable. I can't believe any other team in baseball would have made the same call.

Archived