Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-14: Giants (Beede) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there out of the Hunt by 7/31 (and with how they’ve played the last 5 weeks they will be) it would be equally idiotic to hang onto Albers, Moustakas, Chacin, Grandal beyond the 31st. They don’t have to break up the roster but players on expiring contracts in Milwaukee should probably start packing up their apartments

Chacin is worth nothing. Albers is worth nothing. If you were a buyer, would you want them?

If there out of the Hunt by 7/31 (and with how they’ve played the last 5 weeks they will be) it would be equally idiotic to hang onto Albers, Moustakas, Chacin, Grandal beyond the 31st. They don’t have to break up the roster but players on expiring contracts in Milwaukee should probably start packing up their apartments

Chacin is worth nothing. Albers is worth nothing. If you were a buyer, would you want them?

Homer Bailey!!! Was traded today. Get a clue

There is nothing worse than standing out in the field and watching this bull crap from pitchers

Yep and same with the pitchers watching the leagues worst hitting team with RISP.

They ain’t watching. They are out there around playing sunflower seeds waiting to try to get two or three outs which they inevitably can’t do

You're really not too smart are ya?

They are not selling, period! And all will be forced to watch this circus continue with eyes peeled open!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Meanwhile Cubs continue to hammer the Pirates. As expected they are stepping it up as Rome burns for the crew. The fan base has to hold this organization accountable. If this was Boston my goodness.

This playoff race was over awhile ago. I didn’t want to pee in everyone’s Cheerios

But even the most “golly gee” and “welp” posters know they aren’t really good at all

They have a good shot at being in last place. Not the playoffs

The only thing holding this together was their close proximity to other bad teams. The cubs are going to blow way by us. I’m holding out hope that we finish ahead of the pirates this year

It’s going to get ugly when we start playing good teams again. Ugly

We could maybe ditch some of Chacin's remaining salary, that's nothing to me but for this franchise may matter. It's still al little premature talk anyway but we seem to be headed there fast.

If Oakland actually exchanged a player for Homer Bailey, then yes Chacin has plenty of value. This year’s stats not-withstanding he’s a better pitcher at this point in their careers than Bailey is. Ditto for Albers, you’re not going to rebuild your farm on these guys but proven MLB arms to soak up innings have value

I respect everyone on this board and it's knowledge of the game. Does anyone still feel like this team as is should be taken seriously? Anyone? I remember the old Kimbrel and Kuekel debates. People actually thought we didn't need either of them and we are still waiting for something to happen.

For a very middling prospect, and they were able to get that because Bailey is essentially owed no money this year. I didn't say Chacin and Albers weren't tradeable. I said they were worth nothing. In regards to surplus value, they aren't. Maybe you can get a salary dump, or you'll eat some salary and get an organizational depth type. (I.e, nothing).

Don't ever tell me to get a clue again.

The chamber is empty, the last torpedo has been fired, we’ve sounded the depths of this depth chart and found it lacking. Two years ago, I wrote a post about how the Brewers’ theory of roster construction was depth over everything, especially concerning the pitching staff. I never imagined that a team with really only one really major pitching injury (Knebel) could still blow through all this depth and have no answers.

I’m not calling for anyone’s jobs, though—last season has bought everyone (save perhaps Hook) a mulligan in my eyes. The fans will always have a serious knowledge problem in terms of evaluating management and coaching performances anyway, since most of the work of the job is done behind closed doors, so I find the “fire x and y” rants to be pretty worthless anyway. But, even assuming this season is slipping away, the hot seats have got to be piping hot going into next year. A gift like Yelich is a horrible thing to waste with the same old inability to find good pitching.

I respect everyone on this board and it's knowledge of the game. Does anyone still feel like this team as is should be taken seriously? Anyone? I remember the old Kimbrel and Kuekel debates. People actually thought we didn't need either of them and we are still waiting for something to happen.

We could have both and would still be pretty bad. In hindsight I'm glad we didn't bother.

I will tell you to get a clue because you’re flat out wrong. If the Brewers flat out released Chacin and Albers after today’s game. Both would have new teams by Wednesday; so you either are impassioned and not seeing reality, or you’re ignorant on how things work

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

For a very middling prospect, and they were able to get that because Bailey is essentially owed no money this year. I didn't say Chacin and Albers weren't tradeable. I said they were worth nothing.

Don't ever tell me to get a clue again.

If Chacin continues to pitch like he has the last 3-4 times out, he will have a solid amount of value at the deadline. Albers is obviously hit and miss, but if he goes on another run of good outings, his contract is cheap enough that he will have value as well.

Telling you to get a clue was definitely wrong. But I think in this case, saying those pitchers have no value is wrong as well.

And Bailey was dealt for a former 1st rounder and that A's 17th ranked prospect. That isn't middling.

Archived