Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-14: Giants (Beede) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop with the sell BS...that is NOT going to happen. It just isn't. I don't want to see that brought up again. Mark A will never go for that and the fans would revolt. Period. End of story.

So you think this is a quality playoff team? That's the only reason not to sell. I would be interested in a logical person explaining how this is a quality playoff team. Last year we had an excellent bullpen. This year we don't have much of anything.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Not Burnes fault, he should have been in AAA throwing 100 pitches a game working on his pitches. Insanity.

Dude, give me a break. You were the same one saying earlier this year when Burnes struggled that he didn't need to go down, that he could work through it up here as a high leverage reliever.

It is 100% his fault he isn't getting it done. Stop making excuses for him, he stinks this year, period. That's it.

Facts.

Not Burnes fault, he should have been in AAA throwing 100 pitches a game working on his pitches. Insanity.

Says the guy who continues to insist he'll be in the September playoff rotation. :rolleyes

It is Burnes' fault. He's paid to get outs. He isn't doing it. It can certainly be argued that management isn't putting him in a spot to succeed, but excluding him from all blame is a clear cop out.

Actually, I’ve been saying he should’ve been in AAA for more than a month, working on his pitches, starting.

Stop with the sell BS...that is NOT going to happen. It just isn't. I don't want to see that brought up again. Mark A will never go for that and the fans would revolt. Period. End of story.

It could definitely happen, we are on a pretty long slide here, you will see it brought up again if they don't turn this around.

NOT going to happen..You think Mark A/Stearns want to try to explain to fans why they are selling?? They didn't sign Grandal/Moose in the off season to sell. MAYBE MAYBE if they are like 5-6 games back going into that last week..they might sell a minor piece or two, but more likely I'd bet they just play out the stretch with what they have.

I’m sorry, but anybody still vouching for us to buy and think that a bullpen piece or two plus a starter is going to fix this is sadly mistaken. Even if you add a couple guys and have 2-3 good relievers with the rest pitching this poorly, you still won’t win many games. This is a retooling season and there’s no way around it. Get some prospects to help replenish the farm and have more prospects to be moved for additional help in the offseason or next trade deadline if we are in it. Buying this season would leave us very barren in the minors anyway.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
What's the reaction from Yelich and company when the bullpen gate swings open and here comes Burnes in a tie game? They have to be thinking are you serious?

No, they are thinking "he better do his job". A team isn't a team when you don't believe in your teammates.

This is a failure on most all levels today. Chacin was OK. That's it. The bats decided to take a nap after the first inning, and the pen has imploded yet again.

Accountability. This is the job of the media. Where is Stearns? Can someone from the media track him down from his vacation or wherever he is and ask him what the heck is going on here?? How can Burnes still be on this team?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Says the guy who continues to insist he'll be in the September playoff rotation. :rolleyes

It is Burnes' fault. He's paid to get outs. He isn't doing it. It can certainly be argued that management isn't putting him in a spot to succeed, but excluding him from all blame is a clear cop out.

Actually, I’ve been saying he should’ve been in AAA for more than a month, working on his pitches, starting.

Yes, so he can come up and join the September playoff rotation (for some reason). It's one of the many topics that you've repeated often.

Accountability. This is the job of the media. Where is Stearns? Can someone from the media track him down from his vacation or wherever he is and ask him what the heck is going on here?? How can Burnes still be on this team?

Milwaukee/Wisconsin sports media does nothing except kiss ass and excuse anything questionable and lob soft ball questions.

If there out of the Hunt by 7/31 (and with how they’ve played the last 5 weeks they will be) it would be equally idiotic to hang onto Albers, Moustakas, Chacin, Grandal beyond the 31st. They don’t have to break up the roster but players on expiring contracts in Milwaukee should probably start packing up their apartments

David is too smart to be questioned! Leave the young scientist alone!

So earlier this season when Burnes stunk, you said, don't demote him, just use him in hugh leverage. So he'd come into a game, get shelled, and you would say he can't be held responsible, he's a high leverage guy.

Now that you've been saying he should be starting in AAA, he pitches in a high leverage situation today, but again, apparantly can't be held responsible because you said he should have been sent down before.

Let us know when Corbin Burnes can actually be held responsible for a bad Corbin Burnes pitching performance.

Archived