Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-14: Giants (Beede) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe he almost scored from 1st on that.

I don't think that was much of an "almost". He was a dead duck. Bad send.

I don't know. I got no problem sending a guy with 2 outs like that. If the throw isn't on the money he scores.

Community Moderator
On Grandal’s HBP to the foot he ran nearly to the dugout on his way to first base as he presumably tried to run off the pain. I wonder what’s the craziest route a player could take without the opposing team complaining they didn’t use the base path to get to first base.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Not sure why CC pulled Chacin...he had at least one more inning in him. Wasn't like he was getting shelled. He does that way too often. With this bullpen, it's playing with fire..and he has been burned plenty.

Chacín has an ERA of 5.31. He has been a candle waiting to be lit most of this season. I am glad CC took him out!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not sure why CC pulled Chacin...he had at least one more inning in him. Wasn't like he was getting shelled. He does that way too often. With this bullpen, it's playing with fire..and he has been burned plenty.

Chacin gave up a HR in the previous inning. They were down 2-1, and he was trying to create offense. If the bats weren't hibernating, Chacin would have stayed in. There was nothing wrong with that move.

Are you kidding me with Burnes again in a tie game?? Fireable offense at this point. Ridiculous.

Who else are you going to go with? Everyone is getting slapped around lately.

You cannot pitch Burnes. Period. You are killing the team. You are killing his career. He can't get anyone out.

Archived