Brewer Fanatic

#HugWatch 2019

Ugh.. Neither Dubon or Grisham are leaving this game early tonight...are they?? :( I guess I have to temper my enthusiasm unfortunately.

You do realize that trades can still happen till 3 p.m. tomorrow, right?

Yes, of course I know that, but i was hoping they would already be close on something now, which would then lead them to sit/pull Grisham/Dubon. The fact that they haven't means they likely aren't close on anything, and if they are going to do something Big(ish), they aren't going to have a lot of time to get it done. You'd think the framework would be in place by now if that was the case. Even if they were gaining momentum in something you'd think as a precaution they would pull either one of them or both. Again, the fact that they haven't, doesn't bode well.

It's the same reason why Syndergaard made his start tonight, as a Mets exec said you can take that to mean, nothing is close to being done.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ugh.. Neither Dubon or Grisham are leaving this game early tonight...are they?? :( I guess I have to temper my enthusiasm unfortunately.

You do realize that trades can still happen till 3 p.m. tomorrow, right?

Yes, of course I know that, but i was hoping they would already be close on something now, which would then lead them to sit/pull Grisham/Dubon. The fact that they haven't means they likely aren't close on anything, and if they are going to do something Big(ish), they aren't going to have a lot of time to get it done. You'd think the framework would be in place by now if that was the case. Even if they were gaining momentum in something you'd think as a precaution they would pull either one of them or both. Again, the fact that they haven't, doesn't bode well.

It's the same reason why Syndergaard made his start tonight, as a Mets exec said you can take that to mean, nothing is close to being done.

Having Grisham and Dubon in the Brewers system after tomorrow is certainly a decent consolation prize. I am skeptical on Grisham, but the more he hits, the tougher it is not to take this breakout seriously.

I get the feeling you're going to be disappointed after this deadline passes.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Me too, incredibly disappointed...it sucks

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think sometimes we need to realize that the grass is, in fact, not always greener ...

The moves that the Mets and Red have made may end of working out, but in my opinion, both are pretty weird.

We're still in a pennant race, we have one of the most exciting young players in the game, and Grisham is looking like an up and coming star and probably one of the top performers in all of the minor leagues this year. You could enjoy all that.

We're still in a pennant race, we have one of the most exciting young players in the game, and Grisham is looking like an up and coming star and probably one of the top performers in all of the minor leagues this year. You could enjoy all that.

But I woul also enjoy a Robbie Ray, Noah Syndergaard and Brandon Woodruff top of the rotation more

But I woul also enjoy a Robbie Ray, Noah Syndergaard and Brandon Woodruff top of the rotation more

REM sleep helps with that.

Archived