Brewer Fanatic

#HugWatch 2019

I don't get why anyone wants Grisham traded. He could be in the midst of a remarkable breakout and still probably isn't regarded enough to bring back what he should.

If Grisham gets traded, we all better be very pleasantly surprised at how much he was worth for it to be worthwhile.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get why anyone wants Grisham traded. He could be in the midst of a remarkable breakout and still probably isn't regarded enough to bring back what he should.

If Grisham gets traded, we all better be very pleasantly surprised at how much he was worth for it to be worthwhile.

If he brings back a #1 or #2 controllable starter, it is WELL worth it IMO.

I tend to agree with this, pending what the brewers specifically think he'll be going forward. If this is the new norm, he should be valued as a top 50 prospect. If they think this is just an extended hot streak, they should get what they can now. Im leaning toward the former, hot streaks usually don't last this long

Because outfielders are a dime a dozen. If Grisham gets us a pitcher worth a damn then it makes all the sense in the world to make that trade. There are plenty of outfielders out there that could fit this team post Braun.

Because outfielders are a dime a dozen. If Grisham gets us a pitcher worth a damn then it makes all the sense in the world to make that trade. There are plenty of outfielders out there that could fit this team post Braun.

Tell that to the Indians. They'd be in first place right now if they had any halfway decent OF

Because outfielders are a dime a dozen.

Goodness, might as well see what we can get for Christian Yelich, then.

And no, I'm obviously not comparing the two, that's silly. But it's just as silly to say outfielders are a dime a dozen. 6.5 years of good productive position players are not a dime a dozen. The most valuable players in baseball are outfielders. If you think Grisham has a chance to be special, you don't deal him just for a pitcher worth a damn, whoever that is, just because he's not a pitcher.

You never know but I really doubt there is anything to read into this. He is on rehab assignment and was pitching out of the pen prior to this so I really don't think him going 2 innings and being pulled after 35 pitches is alarming in any way.

You never know but I really doubt there is anything to read into this. He is on rehab assignment and was pitching out of the pen prior to this so I really don't think him going 2 innings and being pulled after 35 pitches is alarming in any way.

But why would he start?? he could have just as easily come in out of the bullpen, if he was only going to throw 35 pitches.

Especially when you consider you can very easily make the case he wasn't even injured to begin with. Think he only went on IL because he was repeatedly getting shelled and they wanted to put him on the shelf for a bit.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

But why would he start?? he could have just as easily come in out of the bullpen, if he was only going to throw 35 pitches.

What difference does it make?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If i remember right, burnes was only planned to go either 2 or 3 innings. I don't remember which. I actually think it was 3, but i think the likelihood of this being trade related is low.

Probably true...I'm just searching/hoping for anything right now...want them to pull off at least one deal of substance, if not two or three.

Especially when you consider you can very easily make the case he wasn't even injured to begin with. Think he only went on IL because he was repeatedly getting shelled

I don't think we can make that case at all. First, we're not privy to the medicals other than what they tell us, second, they could have easily just optioned him if they wanted to replace him on the roster, and third, if they were planning on shopping him in any way this deadline, do you really think they'd want to throw him on the IL with a phantom injury 2 weeks prior to the trade deadline?

I think you're reaching with this one.

My personal prediction is that we acquire Keone Kela and that is all. So Lyles and Kela. Obviously if something bigger happens I'll be excited.

That would be an incredible buzzkill if true. If they don't get another good starter, they are toast the rest of this year.

Community Moderator
My personal prediction is that we acquire Keone Kela and that is all. So Lyles and Kela. Obviously if something bigger happens I'll be excited.

That would be an incredible buzzkill if true. If they don't get another good starter, they are toast the rest of this year.

Yeah it just seems like there are twice as many buyers as sellers, everyone is looking for pitching, and almost everyone can offer better prospects than we can.

Yeah it just seems like there are twice as many buyers as sellers, everyone is looking for pitching, and almost everyone can offer better prospects than we can.

But all the rumblings are that teams aren't willing to give up their top prospects. Robert Murray said yesterday that Dubon was drawing "significant" interest.

Community Moderator
Yeah that seems to be the cause of the stalemate. We'll see if anyone caves tomorrow. But the clock is ticking on the possibility of multiple moves for the Brewers.

Archived