Brewer Fanatic

#HugWatch 2019

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Not to alarm anyone but Mauricio Dubon was just pulled in the 5th inning tonight as part of a double switch...could be nothing.

Even if it ends up being nothing (which is more likely than not), this is the exact type of observation this thread was born to house. It’s going to be a fun couple of weeks for those of us that enjoy the rampant trade speculation this time of year.

Also, if Dubon does get moved in the near future I believe there has been some connection with the Giants being interested in him.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator
Both SS Gavin Lux and C Keibert Ruiz out of the Dodgers Triple-A lineup tonight. Since they are two of the Dodgers top prospects there is some speculation it could be more then just a scheduled day off (but may be nothing as well).
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Both SS Gavin Lux and C Keibert Ruiz out of the Dodgers Triple-A lineup tonight. Since they are two of the Dodgers top prospects there is some speculation it could be more then just a scheduled day off (but may be nothing as well).

Lux has got to be untouchable for any buy out there that I can possibly think of, Syndergaard included.

Verified Member

I think Lux is a reasonable starting point for a Syndergaard trade, depending on how you value the latter.

But why would the Dodgers give up their top prospect when they already have a playoff rotation of Kershaw-Ryu-Buehler?

I think Lux is a reasonable starting point for a Syndergaard trade, depending on how you value the latter.

But why would the Dodgers give up their top prospect when they already have a playoff rotation of Kershaw-Ryu-Buehler?

Because the dodgers are one of the best at development. They'll develop someone just as good as lux sometime in the next 2 years.

I do see your point though. It's like trading hiura but lh and better defensively. I would be hard no if I'm the brewers, but we don't develop guys like the dodgers do.

Sogard just got scratched...

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

·

37s

Eric Sogard, who has drawn interest from the #Cubs, is scratched from #Jays lineup

Quote Tweet

Dan Shulman

@DShulman_ESPN

· 10m

Eric Sogard scratched from the lineup. Still in the dugout. McKinney in RF. #tradedeadlinewatch #bluejays #jays

Man, the Dodger drafts just keep rolling with guys with monster upside. Kershaw, Buehler, Seager, Bellinger, Lux. Talk about sky high assets. For all the built in advantages they have anyway —from market size and location to TV revenue — their drafts are just sick.

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

·

37s

Eric Sogard, who has drawn interest from the #Cubs, is scratched from #Jays lineup

Quote Tweet

Dan Shulman

@DShulman_ESPN

· 10m

Eric Sogard scratched from the lineup. Still in the dugout. McKinney in RF. #tradedeadlinewatch #bluejays #jays

To the Rays..

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/rays-to-acquire-eric-sogard.html

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

·

37s

Quote Tweet

Dan Shulman

@DShulman_ESPN

· 10m

To the Rays..

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/rays-to-acquire-eric-sogard.html

That dude was born to be a Ray. Seems to fit that organization.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If we're getting hugs, tonight's the night.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If we're getting hugs, tonight's the night.

Yup, to be honest I'm a bit disappointed/surprised both Dubon and Grisham are in San Antonio's lineup tonight. That obviously means DS doesn't feel like he's close on anything at least Biggerish which I would assume either or both of those would be a part of. Now, they could still get pulled early #hugwatch, but I was really hoping one or both wouldn't be in the lineup.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm just ready for the whole thing to be over so we can go back to complaining about the lineup.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived