Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-13: Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Blown save ties it, but Gamel walk-off hit wins it]

Eye Black
Counsell let's Davies go three times through an order on occasion and he has the worst stuff on the staff. Yet, he doesn't let Chase ever. I really don't get it.

I think it is because Chase's mistakes get hit over the wall too much.

Not the last 2 games, against Pittsburgh he was rolling, taken out after 4, and last night pitched great, home run cheap, taken out 69 pitches. Bullpen lost both games. Let’s be honest here, Counsell has been terrible with the decision making of the pitching staff the last month and a half.

Exactly, Counsell cost the team at least those two games by not leaving Chase in longer when he was rolling.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know how you fix the SS problem?? Go get one..problem solved.

Arcia is an exceptional glove man and has a little bit of pop in his bat. I don't know why you think it's as easy as just going to the Hall of Fame Baseball Player store and buying a shortstop or pitcher or whomever, but you do you.

Sure it is, you just have to be willing to meet other teams prices. Stearns hasn't really shown that much of a willingness to do that in the past to this point. If you want to spend Walmart prices, then you get Walmart quality.

Arcia is an exceptional glove man and has a little bit of pop in his bat. I don't know why you think it's as easy as just going to the Hall of Fame Baseball Player store and buying a shortstop or pitcher or whomever, but you do you.

Sure it is, you just have to be willing to meet other teams prices. Stearns hasn't really shown that much of a willingness to do that in the past to this point. If you want to spend Walmart prices, then you get Walmart quality.

No, no, no. You also have to have stuff to trade, and the Brewers have limited resources. This isn’t a video game. Resources ARE limited.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is ridiculously wrong.

And who do we have in the minors that would be required to get these first ballot Hall of Fame players? We don't have enough to get one of these players let alone the four or five you want. Have you seen our call ups play this season?

Counsell seems to always have some middle infielder in his dog house. Jean Segura is gone and is doing well in another uniform. Scooter Gennett... I'm sure there are others. I was thinking Villar but I don't think he is exactly tearing it up right now!

And who do we have in the minors that would be required to get these first ballot Hall of Fame players? We don't have enough to get one of these players let alone the four or five you want. Have you seen our call ups play this season?

Never said they have to be Hall of Famers, but It wouldn't cost that much to get better than Arcia(offensively). Look, why do you just focus on minor league pieces?? They have guys like Burnes and Peralta and Arcia that are VERY trade able to me.

Counsell seems to always have some middle infielder in his dog house. Jean Segura is gone and is doing well in another uniform. Scooter Gennett... I'm sure there are others. I was thinking Villar but I don't think he is exactly tearing it up right now!

Interesting hypothisis. Counsell was a middle infielder too. I guess none of them live up to the high bar he set during his playing days.

And that AB right there...is why Arcia isn't playing. Absolutely terrible plate appearance, terrible approach.

So swinging at 1 borderline strike and one actual strike is bad? Since when?

Archived