Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-13: Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Blown save ties it, but Gamel walk-off hit wins it]

Eye Black
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my God, a run! Free brats for everybody!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Come on, Brauny!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Davies what a runner! He's a stunner!

Dude, the rhymes are getting really old.

Brewers playing small ball. Brauny with a walk. What in sam hell is going on here?

What did Arcia ever do to Counsell that he would platoon him with Saladino? Serious question.

I literally have no idea. None. Ok, so Arcia is a bit of a head case at times. And his defense, which is pretty good, is a tad spotty at times. I understand that there's a certain amount of frustration with him. He needs to grow up.

But Saladino is just an automatic out. Every time he comes to the plate. As "off" as Arcia has been, he's OPSing .700. That's acceptable, to me, given his glove.

The bottom third of the order is just a black hole with Saladino out there. We're struggling offensively, and we just can't afford to be giving opponents free outs.

What did Arcia ever do to Counsell that he would platoon him with Saladino? Serious question.

He was once a highly thought of prospect and not a try hard guy in the Counsell mold? While not quite as bad, Saladino is approaching the 1-50ish type slump that ultimately ended Counsell's career.

He's not good at baseball?? Neither is Saladino, but let's not act like Arcia is Robin Yount.

Yount wasn't Yount early in his career, either. Yount had a good future, though. Arcia does, too. Let's make him a regular, again!

He's not good at baseball?? Neither is Saladino, but let's not act like Arcia is Robin Yount.

I never said he was Yount. And your answer is very untrue. Arcia brings something to the table. Saladino has no redeeming quality as a major league baseball player whatsoever.

Counsell let's Davies go three times through an order on occasion and he has the worst stuff on the staff. Yet, he doesn't let Chase ever. I really don't get it.

I think it is because Chase's mistakes get hit over the wall too much.

I literally have no idea. None. Ok, so Arcia is a bit of a head case at times. And his defense, which is pretty good, is a tad spotty at times. I understand that there's a certain amount of frustration with him. He needs to grow up.

But Saladino is just an automatic out. Every time he comes to the plate. As "off" as Arcia has been, he's OPSing .700. That's acceptable, to me, given his glove.

The bottom third of the order is just a black hole with Saladino out there. We're struggling offensively, and we just can't afford to be giving opponents free outs.

100% agree with every word of this.

No, he's not right now. But let's remember Arcia is still only 24 years old, and in his fourth year in the Majors. Yount, in his fourth season, was OPSing .710; his wRC+ was 94, and his fWAR was 2.4. At that point in his career, Yount wasn't even sure he wanted to continue on as a baseball player. He was weighing his options between baseball and golf. He didn't become an offensive machine until season seven.

I know it's a different era; players aren't given that much of a leash. But Arcia was a top prospect in baseball, and he's shown stretches where he can be very good.

As maddening as he can be, Counsell needs to keep Arcia out there. You can't start messing with a young guy by benching him in favor of a AAA+ player. Saladino offers absolutely nothing. He's a complete black hole in the 25 man roster.

The two headed first base monster of Aguilar and Thames is looking much better, of late. I'm encouraged.

The On Base Percentages of the nine men in our lineup right now:

1. Cain .309

2. Yelich .429

3. Braun .328

4. Moustakas .332

5. Aguilar .333

6. Hiura .339

7. Pina .280

8. Saladino .121

9. Davies .162

Counsell let's Davies go three times through an order on occasion and he has the worst stuff on the staff. Yet, he doesn't let Chase ever. I really don't get it.

I think it is because Chase's mistakes get hit over the wall too much.

Not the last 2 games, against Pittsburgh he was rolling, taken out after 4, and last night pitched great, home run cheap, taken out 69 pitches. Bullpen lost both games. Let’s be honest here, Counsell has been terrible with the decision making of the pitching staff the last month and a half.

As a lover of baseball history, seeing the name Yastrzemski on a Major League uniform again just makes me smile.

You know how you fix the SS problem?? Go get one..problem solved.

Arcia is an exceptional glove man and has a little bit of pop in his bat. I don't know why you think it's as easy as just going to the Hall of Fame Baseball Player store and buying a shortstop or pitcher or whomever, but you do you.

Archived