Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-13: Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Blown save ties it, but Gamel walk-off hit wins it]

Eye Black

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Going into yesterday’s game I felt good about the fact that Chase Anderson had very good career marks versus the current Giants batters (has held them to a .612 OPS).

Today is sort of the opposite as Zach Davies has struggled somewhat against these same Giants hitters (.840 OPS), albeit in just under 50 total plate appearances (so not a great sample).

On the other side of the coin, Madison Bumgarner has a .666 OPS against the current Brewers hitters (131 plate appearances). That number seems fitting for Bumgarner. :devil

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I had people beating down doors to use my tickets last year and this year I am nearly having to go to some of these solo. Kids are too young to hang in the heat/night games. Just kind of funny as I remember a time when a .500 team in July would've been a godsend.

I will be putting my 8-0 record on the line tonight as the Brewers try to get the salvage win for the series without waiting until Sunday.

The Brewers haven’t done well against lefties and have won very few games recently without Hader, so the streak is in jeopardy.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I will be putting my 8-0 record on the line tonight as the Brewers try to get the salvage win for the series without waiting until Sunday.

The Brewers haven’t done well against lefties and have won very few games recently without Hader, so the streak is in jeopardy.

Hope you see a win but I'm not betting on one.

Wonder what the line is on it?

Hope you see a win but I'm not betting on one.

Wonder what the line is on it?

Crew -135

If Arcia is not your guy at short, for crying out loud just send him down already.

Saladino has been in the starting lineup 2/3rds of the time since his callup. It's beyond ridiculous for a guy who, if he absolutely has to be on the 25, should be nothing more than a late inning defensive replacement.

Let me be blunt. Roster management since the beginning of June has stunk. To levels that are really disappointing for a Stearns/Counsell level organization.

If Arcia is not your guy at short, for crying out loud just send him down already.

Saladino has been in the starting lineup 2/3rds of the time since his callup. It's beyond ridiculous for a guy who, if he absolutely has to be on the 25, should be nothing more than a late inning defensive replacement.

Let me be blunt. Roster management since the beginning of June has stunk. To levels that are really disappointing for a Stearns/Counsell level organization.

The team has also stunk since the roster moves started getting confusing as well...

I had people beating down doors to use my tickets last year and this year I am nearly having to go to some of these solo. Kids are too young to hang in the heat/night games. Just kind of funny as I remember a time when a .500 team in July would've been a godsend.

Yeah, I couldn’t make it to today’s game either so I put my tickets up on StubHub. I normally sell them at around break-even, even after the StubHub fees. I had to lower them to half face value to sell the tickets for today. I get it. Who wants to go watch this team right now?

I don't know where to look for this stat, but it seems to me like the Brewers are striking out at a much higher rate this year compared to last year. Can anybody verify whether that is true or not?

Archived