Brewer Fanatic

Shopping Grandal to the Dodgers

I wouldn't trade Grandal as we're 1.5 games out of the division with a lot of games left. If we fall 10 games back by the end of July then you can do a fire sale but I don't see that happening.

Trading players on expiring contracts like Grandal (and Moustakas) isn’t a fire sale.

They have just 16 games remaining in July. I agree that they would need to lose a lot more games (probably at least 10+), but I don’t think 10 games out would be the parameter for selling. If they end up greater than 6.0 games out of both the division and wild card with several teams between them and the playoff position, then I would be disappointed if they didn’t engage in the concept of selling. I’ve brought it up before in the sell thread (link), but the 2016 Yankees are a good example of an average team that used a few trades at the deadline to improve their future outlook.

I'm getting to the point where I don't care much about where they are. It comes down to a couple players over the next couple weeks. Aguilar, Burnes, Davies, Hiura, Chacin...even Shaw to a lesser degree. If we continue to sit around the top of the NLC but those guys continue to struggle, we're likely not going to do much anyway. Might as well get some value in return and re-load for next year.

It sort of galls me that that joke of a franchise won 2 World Series while we went through like 20 years of misery.

Think about how the Cubs felt watching the Marlins win 2 WS championships in their first decade of existence...

Everyone always talks about the Cubs streak of losing. Yes, the 100+ years is quite the feat in futility, but at least they had franchise championships under their belt. We are at 50 years now, and while we’d have to do more than that all over again, and then some, we have nothing to fall back on. Now that the Cubs have won it again, we kind have sort of taken over the loser role as a franchise, just without the lovable part.

At the start of the year when this team was on a roll, it was a non issue. Did Grandal suddenly start calling for different pitches in different situations? I highly doubt it.

I don't know who you're referring to but I've been saying Grandal sucks at calling pitches since game one with us.

You're safe, pretty sure he was talking about people that joined the board more than two weeks ago ;)

Archived