Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-12: Giants (Anderson) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 10-7 in 10 innings -- Bullpen woes continue to start the 2nd half]

Eye Black
This is what Stearns gets for standing pat thus far. Had he acted sooner, this slide might not have been as bad. He has A LOT of explaining to do to the fans.

Like what? There are problems all over the place. This was not getting fixed by a trade or two.

I'm not in his head, but honestly, I'm guessing that he figured out the team was far enough away from good that it wasn't worth giving up anything substantial to salvage a season going nowhere.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About to be 10-6.

:ohwell

I really want to be sellers. Stearns wouldn't do it, and even if he wanted to, Attanasio would overrule him.

There is ZERO chance in hell they could get the fans to be okay with that.. This is on DS..all on him..this team had problems awhile ago and instead of going out, being aggressive and getting someone, he just keeps thinking the players on the team will improve. This is what he gets...he has to own this. Period.

It's a good thing Claudio can't be used again in this game, because Counsell would be all over that.

Are you sure? Because Claudio has 118 appearances on the year, which is pretty impressive in a season that's only 90 games old.

Two more again tonight, still well above a 200 appearance pace. He looked to be right-handed and 80 pounds heavier when he came back in for the 10th, but that's just a matter of a disguise and some mirrors.

How can you be serious about winning and give up 10 runs to Giants? 5 home runs? Like I said Counsell has no options. The guy is pushing Hader because he can't trust anyone else. Now he's got the rest of the weekend with no bullpen. You can't win this way. I'm not sure what you want Counsell to do with this mess.

About to be 10-6.

I really want to be sellers. Stearns wouldn't do it, and even if he wanted to, Attanasio would overrule him.

Attanasio needs to stay out of the personnel decisions.

I hope one of two things happens in the next 2 weeks.

Either they go on a big winning streak or they lose just about every game and become sellers.

Either way there's a chance to get something from the season

This is what Stearns gets for standing pat thus far. Had he acted sooner, this slide might not have been as bad. He has A LOT of explaining to do to the fans.

Like what? There are problems all over the place. This was not getting fixed by a trade or two.

I'm not in his head, but honestly, I'm guessing that he figured out the team was far enough away from good that it wasn't worth giving up anything substantial to salvage a season going nowhere.

He didn't even try..just "threw in the towel". Kept banking on improvement from the current players..it doesn't take a genius(which I have heard him called) to figure out that wasn't going to happen and they needed help...as much as it took to right the ship.

About to be 10-6.

There is ZERO chance in hell they could get the fans to be okay with that.. This is on DS..all on him..this team had problems awhile ago and instead of going out, being aggressive and getting someone, he just keeps thinking the players on the team will improve. This is what he gets...he has to own this. Period.

I really believed Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta were going to be fine. So disappointing.

Restock the farm. This team needs pitching. Sell now and you get more back by giving them an extra couple of weeks to use the new toy. High end arms should be the target. Anyone remember when Burnes was untouchable?

Kept banking on improvement from the current players..it doesn't take a genius(which I have heard him called) to figure out that wasn't going to happen and they needed help...as much as it took to right the ship.

Or maybe, just maybe, he's a better talent evaluator than you are in your living room and realized that they didn't have the horses to win regardless of what minor crap deals they might have been able to pull off last week?

Restock the farm. This team needs pitching. Sell now and you get more back by giving them an extra couple of weeks to use the new toy. High end arms should be the target. Anyone remember when Burnes was untouchable?

I don't disagree, but the only time this team has ever had a stud in my lifetime, is when they traded for one who was already a Cy Young caliber guy, and Ben Sheets. That's it. Our restocking and drafting has gotten basically nowhere. Atrocious track record.

About to be 10-6.

I think just about every fan on here besides you would be ok with it. They simply aren't good enough.

About to be 10-6.

I really believed Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta were going to be fine. So disappointing.

I NEVER trusted Burnes or Peralta..he should have never let Miley go for one. He should have signed Kuechel way back when when he had the chance. This mess is all on Stearns and now instead of trying to fix it, he can just say "guys didn't perform like we expected" and he gets himself off the hook with most people. Not with me he doesn't.

Community Moderator

I keep waiting for the tide to turn in the right direction, but with each game that goes by it seems increasingly less likely this team is going to find the same lightning in a bottle it possessed at the end of last year. With David Stearns repeatedly saying, “the answers must come from within”, I do believe he actually means it, but I just don’t think there are internal options that’ll make some miraculous season saving surge.

I obviously hope that sense is wrong, and I hope they surpass the Cubs and the rest of the NL Central to win it all. I’m just not betting on it at this point.

It pains me to say it because I’ve watched more Brewers baseball this season than I care to admit. I’ve continued to believe this team was going to be special, but if the team continues to sputter over the next couple of weeks I hope they seriously contemplate trading Moose and Grandal. I think they would need to lose something like 10 out of their next 15 to actually do it, but I’m to the point that I would rather they are realistic about where they’re at near the end of July rather than hold on to a fleeting hope of making the playoffs into August.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I didn’t and I believe this has had the biggest impact on the team. Thinking 3/5 of the starting rotation could be with unproven talent was a horrible decision. They let Miley go along with this, and they left themselves in a position where they have no one to replace these guys besides the garbage we are seeing. Also broke up the strength of the team in the bullpen from last year. Just so disappointing all around.

Archived