Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers lose, 6-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guerra needs some time on the IL. "Right wrist injury" sound legitimate enough?

We ar getting closer and closer to the whole triple aaa team being called up. We should just change our names and uniforms to San Antonio

I said in Cincinnati who would you rather be at this point Reds or brewers? I'd say the same thing now. Who would you rather be the Pirates or Brewers right now? Brewers right now appear to be the worst team in a bad division.

Just gotta get the bats going and get back in it.

The pitching had a nice little run for about a week but it's rounding back into form. The bats can get going but until they decide pitching is important, this team is going nowhere including "in it".

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Why Guerra again when other pen arms have been better lately and more rested???

Other then maybe JJ( not throwing great either) not sure who the good options are that are available and rested.

Burnes used.....Peralta used yesterday.....our soft tossing lefty used

In a tie game in the 7th we really don't have any good options......nobody who was available has been pitching well.....and Hader isn't a guy who would be used to start the 7th in a tie game especially with a bad back.

I said in Cincinnati who would you rather be at this point Reds or brewers? I'd say the same thing now. Who would you rather be the Pirates or Brewers right now? Brewers right now appear to be the worst team in a bad division.

I think the Reds probably have the better talent. I think both are better positioned for the future.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

The 2019 team is just a flawed roster. The rotation is in shambles and they’ve used at least 9 different starters to get to the half way point without finding 5 that can keep them in games let alone put them in a position to win.

Two: the bullpen went from an elite strength to a weakness. Outside Hader nobody can throw clean innings out of the pen and someone seems to get blown up nightly. Moreover the last arm or two in the pen haven’t been MLB caliber pitchers all year.

Third while the overall runs scored are okay The offense has trouble scoring consistently unless they homer. Too many 7-5 wins followed up with 2-1 losses

How is it possible that Guerra gets progressively worse with each appearance?

He's been a starter his entire career and this year he pitches 5 times a week. Might have something to do with it.

He pitched exclusively as a starter one season of his entire career. Every other season he’s pitched some out of the pen, even through the minors.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just gotta get the bats going and get back in it.

The pitching had a nice little run for about a week but it's rounding back into form. The bats can get going but until they decide pitching is important, this team is going nowhere including "in it".

When was the last time that the pitching and hitting were both playing well at the same time? May?

EVERYONE but Counsell knows Guerra’s command gone, and has been for weeks, but pitches him exactly as before. Never thought I’d say this > new manager needed > fire Counsell > hire DJ.

Who else does he have?? I'm tough on Counsell too but the dude is out of buttons to press. I got hammered for saying they need more bullpen arms because Hader is at risk. Now of course his back is acting up which is a problem when he's all you have. It's a mess but Counsell isn't the blame.

Why Guerra again when other pen arms have been better lately and more rested???

Other then maybe JJ( not throwing great either) not sure who the good options are that are available and rested.

Burnes used.....Peralta used yesterday.....our soft tossing lefty used

In a tie game in the 7th we really don't have any good options......nobody who was available has been pitching well.....and Hader isn't a guy who would be used to start the 7th in a tie game especially with a bad back.

Exactly why Anderson NEEDED to stay in this game as long as possible. This is ridiculous to make excuses for Counsell, this game is on him. Period.

Counsell may want to consider leaving pitchers in who are doing perfectly fine.

Yea, he’s been burned multiple times this week pulling a cruising starter early. This pen just can’t cover innings like last year.

It’s like he never adjusted his coaching strategy from last year. It worked last year, but this isn’t the same pen.

The 2019 team is just a flawed roster. The rotation is in shambles and they’ve used at least 9 different starters to get to the half way point without finding 5 that can keep them in games let alone put them in a position to win.

Two: the bullpen went from an elite strength to a weakness. Outside Hader nobody can throw clean innings out of the pen and someone seems to get blown up nightly. Moreover the last arm or two in the pen haven’t been MLB caliber pitchers all year.

Third while the overall runs scored are okay The offense has trouble scoring consistently unless they homer. Too many 7-5 wins followed up with 2-1 losses

Pretty much sums it up.......up to this point they just aren't very good.

Hopefully it changes after the break but hard to feel confident

How is it possible that Guerra gets progressively worse with each appearance?

He's been a starter his entire career and this year he pitches 5 times a week. Might have something to do with it.

He pitched exclusively as a starter one season of his entire career. Every other season he’s pitched some out of the pen, even through the minors.

He's started 20 plus games the past three seasons. That sounds like a starter to me but go ahead as you were saying.

Community Moderator
Who else does he have?? I'm tough on Counsell too but the dude is out of buttons to press. I got hammered for saying they need more bullpen arms because Hader is at risk. Now of course his back is acting up which is a problem when he's all you have. It's a mess but Counsell isn't the blame.

I think if they had the 7th to do over again Matt Albers would have been the button to push. He only threw 14 pitches on Friday.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Bats that funny the way they are going Joey.But maybe CC should have use the Sarcafice with Gamel at first base.But getting back to Guerra he should be sent down he been horrible lately.DS has a lot of work to do before the trade deadline

Would you rather be the Reds or the Cubs? Honest question.

Archived