Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers lose, 6-5]

Eye Black
Take out a pitcher on a roll after 4 innings, to me is a firable offense. Maybe we fire Counsell and replace him with DJ.

Maybe Anderson is hurt. Maybe he's just tightening up. Maybe he's got a blister. Maybe he just wanted the PH'er last inning to try to generate some offense, and he knows the entire bullpen is available today going into the break.

Lots of reasons that he could have pulled him without it being a "fireable offense"....

Or maybe, his no 3rd time thru the order no matter that the pitcher is mowing em down like dominoes mantra is a big fat stupid mistake from a manager that has been making a lot of them lately, admitted or otherwise?

Or maybe he has a mountain of data that suggests Anderson is an even bigger gas can after two times through the order no matter how he pitches the two innings previous?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So let’s bring in Claudio to give up another run, and quickly at that.

What does that have to do with whether or not Anderson should face a lineup a third time through? What non-anecdotal evidence do you have that Claudio wasn't the better choice there? Anderson may well have been the better choice. I have no idea, but neither do you so perhaps your comment was the big, fat stupid mistake?

Augie - "It's all about winning series's."

Really? Is isn't about salvaging games?

Of course it's all about winning series.' That's how the standings work, right? Series wins and series losses. Not games won or lost.

What does that have to do with whether or not Anderson should face a lineup a third time through? What non-anecdotal evidence do you have that Claudio wasn't the better choice there? Anderson may well have been the better choice. I have no idea, but neither do you so perhaps your comment was the big, fat stupid mistake?

You were right when you said Anderson May well have been the better choice.

The possible mountain of evidence telling CC to Take Anderson out after 66 pitches and four innings, should be set afire, when the pitcher is pitching over the last 3 innings as well as he has pitched all year.

This is not last year’s bullpen. Jeffress Guerra haven’t been pitching well lately, and there’s no hader, and we have 4-5 innings to cover.

MISTAKE!!!!

Unless Anderson is hurt obviously.

You were right when you said Anderson May well have been the better choice.

The possible mountain of evidence telling CC to Take Anderson out after 66 pitches and four innings, should be set afire, when the pitcher is pitching over the last 3 innings as well as he has pitched all year.

This is not last year’s bullpen. Jeffress Guerra haven’t been pitching well lately, and there’s no hader, and we have 4-5 innings to cover.

MISTAKE!!!!

Unless Anderson is hurt obviously.

In other words, you have no idea what the reason is or weather or not it was the right decision. Got it.

Didn’t he start out slow the first time called up too. It was so dumb to send him down. Just so stupid

The strikeouts are bad. Kind of reminds me when Braun first came up and everyone says his plate discipline was going to keep him from being good

Burnes will be a weapon for this team in the second half, the only question I have is will it be out of the pen or the rotation?

He's got that era down to about 8.00 so that's a start I guess.

Don’t live in the past, the present and future is all that matters.

Archived