Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers lose, 6-5]

Eye Black
Community Moderator
Did you guys know that Mauricio Dubon is the first Honduran to be born and raised to play in the MLB?

Just wondering if you hadn't noticed Coshun mention it.....

Haha, yeah I think he’s hammered that one home. At this point maybe they assume Brewers fans can’t stand to tune in for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's very smart to pull Anderson here. Treat this game like a playoff game. Everyone gets all the rest they need after today, do whatever it takes to keep runs off the board.

Anderson was dominating the 2 prior innings, what?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Take out a pitcher on a roll after 4 innings, to me is a firable offense. Maybe we fire Counsell and replace him with DJ.

Maybe Anderson is hurt. Maybe he's just tightening up. Maybe he's got a blister. Maybe he just wanted the PH'er last inning to try to generate some offense, and he knows the entire bullpen is available today going into the break.

Lots of reasons that he could have pulled him without it being a "fireable offense"....

For those of you sick of the 1982 reunions and stories, the Pirates are having a 1979 night in a couple weeks.

But they are celebrating WINNING the World Series. Huge difference.

To be fair the pirates are franchise that’s won a bunch of World Series. We have been to one. So I wouldn’t rip anyone for celebrating 1982.

Take out a pitcher on a roll after 4 innings, to me is a firable offense. Maybe we fire Counsell and replace him with DJ.

Maybe Anderson is hurt. Maybe he's just tightening up. Maybe he's got a blister. Maybe he just wanted the PH'er last inning to try to generate some offense, and he knows the entire bullpen is available today going into the break.

Lots of reasons that he could have pulled him without it being a "fireable offense"....

Or maybe, his no 3rd time thru the order no matter that the pitcher is mowing em down like dominoes mantra is a big fat stupid mistake from a manager that has been making a lot of them lately, admitted or otherwise?

Archived