Brewer Fanatic

Congrats to Brandon Woodruff!

markedman5

Pretty awesome for a guy who a lot had given up on as anything more than a back end starter or good reliever before the playoffs last year. He went into the offseason and completely overhauled his approach to pitching and started throwing the 2 seamer much more often and it’s made all the difference. Hopefully this is just the start for Woody!

Hader is hurt? Screw that

Woodruff might be a better hitter than some of the guys there

I admire your "always look on the bright side of life" demeanor, but I do have to doubt Woodruff is a better hitter than t any of the position of all stars.

But he is a sound hitter, just sayin.

Pretty cool for Woodruff! Not sure who the NL manager/picker is, but guessing this was a nice gesture to replace a teammate with another teammate who was arguably All Star worthy himself.

Not really a gesture as Woodruff fits the mold of a high K type of a pitcher that are normally picked for the All Star teams. In the NL Woodruff is ranked 5th in strike outs, 6th in K/9 and 6th in K%. I would say he is rather deserving to be picked to replace any pitcher who would have been held out of the All Star game.

Pretty cool for Woodruff! Not sure who the NL manager/picker is, but guessing this was a nice gesture to replace a teammate with another teammate who was arguably All Star worthy himself.

Not really a gesture as Woodruff fits the mold of a high K type of a pitcher that are normally picked for the All Star teams. In the NL Woodruff is ranked 5th in strike outs, 6th in K/9 and 6th in K%. I would say he is rather deserving to be picked to replace any pitcher who would have been held out of the All Star game.

I didn’t say that. Actually noted he is worthy himself. I just don’t think it is a coincidence he is replacing a Brewer.

Big congrats to Woody!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

i don't understand how you can say the brewers have 5 allstars, when you replace one for another, isn't that just 4. if hader stayed in, woody wouldn't have made it. semantics and not a big deal, but just saying....

i don't understand how you can say the brewers have 5 allstars, when you replace one for another, isn't that just 4. if hader stayed in, woody wouldn't have made it. semantics and not a big deal, but just saying....

Players that are selected as All-Stars but can’t play in the game due to injury are still All-Stars. Players that are selected as injury replacements are All-Stars as well. Pretty simple.

Players that are selected as All-Stars but can’t play in the game due to injury are still All-Stars. Players that are selected as injury replacements are All-Stars as well. Pretty simple.

I don't think these facts are what he's questioning. I think he's pretty much saying that you don't really get credit for another all-star because one of yours sits out and is then replaced by another one of yours.

I don't really care to be honest, but I get his point. We had 4 players picked/elected to the ASG and one come in as an injury replacement.

Now we just need Burnes to figure things out and put it all together like Woodruff has. That could easily be our #1 and #2 pitcher the next 4-5 years. They're both capable of being really good #2 starters.

I don't think these facts are what he's questioning. I think he's pretty much saying that you don't really get credit for another all-star because one of yours sits out and is then replaced by another one of yours.

I don't really care to be honest, but I get his point. We had 4 players picked/elected to the ASG and one come in as an injury replacement.

Now we just need Burnes to figure things out and put it all together like Woodruff has. That could easily be our #1 and #2 pitcher the next 4-5 years. They're both capable of being really good #2 starters.

I think that'll happen... Woodruff did the AAA/MLB shuttle a couple of years.

Archived