Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]

Eye Black
Community Moderator
The only poster that I’ve seen on this board that talks about the lack of payroll is me. Some talk about Stearns sitting on his butt, you know, blame Stearns. Not me, I’m the lone voice here that puts the blame where it belongs > Attanasio.

We've won the 8th most games in MLB since Attanasio hired Stearns.

I think they share the "blame" for that in some proportion (along with Counsell & the players themselves & the rest of the field staff & front office).

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only poster that I’ve seen on this board that talks about the lack of payroll is me. Some talk about Stearns sitting on his butt, you know, blame Stearns. Not me, I’m the lone voice here that puts the blame where it belongs > Attanasio.

I think they share the "blame" for that in some proportion (along with Counsell & the players themselves & the rest of the field staff & front office).

Orf?

Community Moderator
Manny Piña at 3B for the first time in his career. Up to this point in his career the only position other than Catcher (and DH) that he has played is 1B for 0.1 of an inning.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Alot of moving parts to a cap. NFL can do it ,look how strong that league is. Understand that the unions for both league's are totally different. Not asking for hand outs for small market, just give teams more of a chance to compete. How about not only have hard cap but also a minimum.

How about the idea when Yelich's contract comes up and u didn't have stupid contracts on the books and the Yankees come calling and offer 100 million more dollar's than we can . Love how that is fair.

You wouldn’t have Yelich if there was a salary cap then. So don’t worry about it and be happy

The good news. By pulling out the “Salvage Game” yesterday, the Brewers won’t go into the break with a 6 game losing streak.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Well first place is gone...I'm done with this team until Stearns shows he wants to make them better. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the season.

Waaaah, see ya.

Honestly, no one cares.

I care! Don't give up! We need you! We need die-hards!

Don't you like it that Aaron Rodgers stays in Green Bay? Don't you like it like it that little ole' Green Bay (barely over 100,000 in population) can compete with New York, Chicago, and LA every year and sign and retain players on a level-playing-field with them?

Sure you do!

The NFL gets it!

I think the unbalance that exists in MLB is a big reason baseball is shrinking in the US.

The Stearns mantra of pitching depth is a failure. If you have alot of scrubs and AAAA pitching you don't have enough. Go get somebody anybody before they come back from the break. This team needs a spark.

Imagine this being a GM's philosophy to building a team.

The Stearns mantra of pitching depth is a failure. If you have alot of scrubs and AAAA pitching you don't have enough. Go get somebody anybody before they come back from the break. This team needs a spark.

I'm certainly glad Stearns isn't rushing to trade Turang and Rasmussen to temporarily appease feelings for a couple weeks before it's apparent he was just putting lipstick on a pig.

The good news. By pulling out the “Salvage Game” yesterday, the Brewers won’t go into the break with a 6 game losing streak.

Salvage game is definitely a finalist for the name of the 2019 brewers season dvd

Salvage game is definitely a finalist for the name of the 2019 brewers season dvd

No season DVDs anymore apparently.... 2018 didn't gave one.

If you were to summarize the Brewers 2019 season with just one word, that word would be salvage.

The Stearns hiring was brilliant on Attanasio’s part. He hired a boy genius that re-built this team with help from Melvin’s all time record hader houser Phillips Santana Trade, among other moves, in near record time. Avoiding a tank that would cost the team lots of revenue. My guess is Stearns has made Attanasio over 150 million in the last 3 years if playoff revenue is included.

2.5-3 million fans year after year, 20-60 million in profits every year. All we are is a fan, that continues to overperform their market size to the extreme. It’s laughable how much this fan base supports this team, and, that’s it’s NOT reciprocated with a payroll deserving of said fan. 127 million is embarrassing.

Imagine the Brewers actually having good pitching.

The Stearns hiring was brilliant on Attanasio’s part. He hired a boy genius that re-built this team with help from Melvin’s all time record hader houser Phillips Santana Trade, among other moves, in near record time. Avoiding a tank that would cost the team lots of revenue. My guess is Stearns has made Attanasio over 150 million in the last 3 years if playoff revenue is included.

2.5-3 million fans year after year, 20-60 million in profits every year. All we are is a fan, that continues to overperform their market size to the extreme. It’s laughable how much this fan base supports this team, and, that’s it’s NOT reciprocated with a payroll deserving of said fan. 127 million is embarrassing.

Yes embarrassing because all that revenue and profits only go to one man....

Wait you mean ownership is a group? Not just Mark A.? If its the low end 20mil in profits, I mean really? Mark A. Should just sign off on checks to MLB players for more in a year than his ownership group even makes? Seems legit.

Archived