Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]

Eye Black

Enjoy your "unfair" league, then. Enjoy your Brewers winning the division once every couple decades, then. Enjoy your Brewers NEVER winning a World Series! Enjoy division rivals gobbling up our superstars and other free agents we cannot afford! Enjoy it all! Yeah, this is very enjoyable!

The Brewers have 2 division titles this decade and two trips to the NLCS. It actually has been pretty enjoyable.

Imagine what could be done if it was a "FAIR" league ... CC Sabathia, Prince Fielder, CoCo Cordero, Carlos Lee, Zack Greinke, etc. would have never left!!! Come on, you accept mediocrity because of an "UNFAIR" system .... it's time for the fans in Miwaukee, Oakland, KC, Minny, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Baltimore, Detroit and all to revolt against this revolting system in the MLB!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy your "unfair" league, then. Enjoy your Brewers winning the division once every couple decades, then. Enjoy your Brewers NEVER winning a World Series! Enjoy division rivals gobbling up our superstars and other free agents we cannot afford! Enjoy it all! Yeah, this is very enjoyable!

The Brewers have 2 division titles this decade and two trips to the NLCS. It actually has been pretty enjoyable.

Imagine what could be done if it was a "FAIR" league ... CC Sabathia, Prince Fielder, CoCo Cordero, Carlos Lee, Zack Greinke, etc. would have never left!!! Come on, you accept mediocrity because of an "UNFAIR" system .... it's time for the fans in Miwaukee, Oakland, KC, Minny, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Baltimore, Detroit and all to revolt against this revolting system in the MLB!!!

Did people really call Cordero, coco?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The fans of Tampa are already "revolting".

KC won two AL titles and a world series. Minny has the best team in the league this year. Detroit has a garbage team because they're rebuilding after shedding a bunch of aging expensive vets and they're paying Miguel Cabrera a billion dollars a year, and Baltimore is paying Chris Davis a billion dollars a year to hit .150

I absolutely don't want the Brewers to go on a spending rampage so they can throw huge money at guys that simply either 1) don't deserve it or 2) won't be worth it at the tail end.

Look at Braun RIGHT NOW. He's being paid 20 million to hit .270, OPS .750 and play bad defense. A team like the Brewers can't afford to pay premiums for mediocre players in their late 30's, and yet here we are.

In this "fair league" teams like the Brewers and Royals would be paying guys like Braun and Cabrera and Pujols at the tail end of their careers a lot more often, and I don't care if that's not "fair", small market and mid-market teams are smart to stay away from that as often as they can.

Players union far too strong. They will never allow a hard cap, plus we already have a soft cap with the luxury tax.

The brewers just need a payroll that reflects the overperformance of their fans. Simple.

I appreciate the fact that virtually every game thread is about our payroll. It's a discussion that we've brought up about 70 times out of just north of 80 games...

and-we-have-become-exceedingly-efficient-at-it.jpg

There are about 2 posters that make this a thing every single night, so I don't think you can blame the group as much as a couple individuals...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

KC won two AL titles and a world series. Minny has the best team in the league this year. Detroit has a garbage team because they're rebuilding after shedding a bunch of aging expensive vets and they're paying Miguel Cabrera a billion dollars a year, and Baltimore is paying Chris Davis a billion dollars a year to hit .150

I absolutely don't want the Brewers to go on a spending rampage so they can throw huge money at guys that simply either 1) don't deserve it or 2) won't be worth it at the tail end.

Look at Braun RIGHT NOW. He's being paid 20 million to hit .270, OPS .750 and play bad defense. A team like the Brewers can't afford to pay premiums for mediocre players in their late 30's, and yet here we are.

In this "fair league" teams like the Brewers and Royals would be paying guys like Braun and Cabrera and Pujols at the tail end of their careers a lot more often, and I don't care if that's not "fair", small market and mid-market teams are smart to stay away from that as often as they can.

Yeah. But every team would be in that boat. But in this instance the Yankees can’t just discard them and spend more to replace them to cover their terrible signings. It doesn’t matter to them if they screw up or not the way it works now

If there was a hard salary cap there would be no such thing as small market teams. I’m guessing everyone would be at the salary cap. Unless the cap,is so high that it resembles a cubs normal payroll

I give up! You don't get the fact that it is inherently "UNFAIR" that some teams have far more spending money every year than others. The likelihood of such teams being a perennial contender is much higher as a result. If that is not painfully obvious to you and others, I would consider it either willful blindness or insanity.

It's time for the fans to strike!

I appreciate the fact that virtually every game thread is about our payroll. It's a discussion that we've brought up about 70 times out of just north of 80 games...

and-we-have-become-exceedingly-efficient-at-it.jpg

There are about 2 posters that make this a thing every single night, so I don't think you can blame the group as much as a couple individuals...

My spidey sense thinks the two posters are the same guy

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I give up! You don't get the fact that it is inherently "UNFAIR" that some teams have far more spending money every year than others. The likelihood of such teams being a perennial contender is much higher as a result. If that is not painfully obvious to you and others, I would consider it either willful blindness or insanity.

I absolutely get the fact that it's unfair. I just don't find it necessary that a sports league be inherently fair. If you disagree with me on that, that's cool. I simply disagree on principal with the premise that a sports league needs to be "fair".

I absolutely get the fact that it's unfair. I just don't find it necessary that a sports league be inherently fair. If you disagree with me on that, that's cool. I simply disagree on principal with the premise that a sports league needs to be "fair".

This i agree with. If people think baseball is unfair. Watch European soccer

If the league was fair and most teams could resign all their players the Brewers never would have even acquired guys like Sabathia, Greinke, Yelich, etc.

The biggest source of their talent would be homegrown thru the draft.

Watch what you wish for lol.

Wow!

People are actually "cool" with an "UNFAIR" league!

Yowsa!

The reason I cheer for the Brewers as much as I do is BECAUSE it is so UNFAIR!!!

Would you root for your team as hard if you were outspending other teams every season because you could? I know I wouldn't. I'd feel bad for those "poor" teams that just don't have the same shot.

Wow!

Yowsa!

The reason I cheer for the Brewers as much as I do is BECAUSE it is so UNFAIR!!!

Would you root for your team as hard if you were outspending other teams every season because you could? I know I wouldn't. I'd feel bad for those "poor" teams that just don't have the same shot.

I don't think sports is for you. Maybe quit sports. Your asinine rants on here won't be missed that's for sure.

Wow!

Yowsa!

I don't think sports is for you. Maybe quit sports. Your asinine rants on here won't be missed that's for sure.

I like "fairness," your rudeness, notwithstanding!

It’s not just money though. Baseball has a draft which is basically communism in a capitalist society and has things like service time forcing guys to stay with tteam

Do yourself a favor a watch a league like English soccer. You basically can just buy guys off other teams. There is no draft. You really don’t have a chance if you have a small club. The only thing you try to do is not get relegated to lower leagues

The Royals won the Series before analytics took over. High payroll teams have more of an advantage than ever before, foolish contracts are decreasing, it’s easy to be smart with the money. Superteams are forming. Sorry but the twins not the best team in the league, neither is Tampa, You have the Yankees and Astros then everybody else. In our League it’s the dodgers, then everybody else.

Do you actually think Stearns wouldn’t spend an extra 50 million wisely?

What could Stearns have done this year with an extra 30-40 million?

The royals won the World Series way after analytics. To be honest they won despite analytics. That’s why I loved it. I kind of sick of a bunch of glorified slow pitch softball players like it is now

And aren’t the astros all guys they drafted because they tanked a million years

Houser has a 8.47 ERA in 5 starts this year, and a 1.05 ERA in 14 relief appearances. Perhaps this is not his most suitable role.

It seems it takes the brewers longer than most to figure these kinds of things out. See Freddy Peralta.

The Brewers' front office watch the same games as we do, and have access to the same, if not more amount of analytics out there. So I have to think this is an intentional effort to try and develop their own starting pitching.

Many saw Peralta, Burnes, Woodruff as key pieces of a star rotation. The fact that they're have more perseverance and tenacity in trying to develop major league quality pitching while still being close to the top of the division is a big win for me, as hard as it can be to watch the games sometimes. At least one of the pitchers struggling is going to have to make in impact in the second half if the Brewers want to compete for the postseason.

If (and that's a big if) there's significant upgrades to be had in the trade market, the chances of that pitcher pulling off a CC Sabathia in 2008 run seems highly unlikely.

Don't you like it that Aaron Rodgers stays in Green Bay? Don't you like it like it that little ole' Green Bay (barely over 100,000 in population) can compete with New York, Chicago, and LA every year and sign and retain players on a level-playing-field with them?

Sure you do!

The NFL gets it!

Archived