Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]

Eye Black
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well looks like a bullpen day for the Brewers. Houser really needs to be moved back to the bullpen where he was starting to shine. The problem here is that the Brewers don't have anyone to put into the rotation to replace him.

This is exactly why they damn well better have a new rotation arm by this time next week. Stearns would be irresponsible as a GM to NOT have a new arm by next week. I think he's way too passive to begin with...the fact he has done NOTHING to this point doesn't help his cause with me, and if not a new arm by next week, then I'm really done with him.

It’s all the same thing, Wilkerson, Houser, Peralta etc. The reason Houser is in the pen in the first place is he cannot command all of his pitches. It’s no secret; and they’re all just sitting on the two seamer because he can’t get the others over for strikes.

Well looks like a bullpen day for the Brewers. Houser really needs to be moved back to the bullpen where he was starting to shine. The problem here is that the Brewers don't have anyone to put into the rotation to replace him.

This is exactly why they damn well better have a new rotation arm by this time next week. Stearns would be irresponsible as a GM to NOT have a new arm by next week. I think he's way too passive to begin with...the fact he has done NOTHING to this point doesn't help his cause with me, and if not a new arm by next week, then I'm really done with him.

Right now they have no one to replace him with but once Gio comes back I fully expect Houser to go from the rotation to the bullpen where he belongs. There really isn't a starting pitcher out there that I want the Brewers to go out and get as a rental. The Nationals have come back to life and that throws them out and the Mets are going to want a lot for Wheeler more than what he is actually worth. Bumgarner is out there but the Giants are not going to give him up for anything but multiple top 50 type prospects (not going to happen from any team).

Boyd is going to cost way too much for the Brewers to get if they are asking for Tucker from the Astros their ask is way to high for the Brewers to even meet. The only realistic option for the Brewers will be Bumgarner and that is only if the Giants come down from their demands and if they do more teams will be in on him so that actually removes the Brewers again. The best the Brewers can hope for in a turn around from their starting pitchers is to hope Chacin and Gio will be better in the 2nd half than what they have been, more so Chacin than Gio.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

You going to fire him?

Right now they have no one to replace him with but once Gio comes back I fully expect Houser to go from the rotation to the bullpen where he belongs. There really isn't a starting pitcher out there that I want the Brewers to go out and get as a rental. The Nationals have come back to life and that throws them out and the Mets are going to want a lot for Wheeler more than what he is actually worth. Bumgarner is out there but the Giants are not going to give him up for anything but multiple top 50 type prospects (not going to happen from any team).

Boyd is going to cost way too much for the Brewers to get if they are asking for Tucker from the Astros their ask is way to high for the Brewers to even meet. The only realistic option for the Brewers will be Bumgarner and that is only if the Giants come down from their demands and if they do more teams will be in on him so that actually removes the Brewers again. The best the Brewers can hope for in a turn around from their starting pitchers is to hope Chacin and Gio will be better in the 2nd half than what they have been, more so Chacin than Gio.

Stearns can either let this team keep floundering, or pay the price. Does he want to play big boy baseball or not?? You can be damn sure that Melvin would go get a big arm, whatever the cost. I don't want a rental either, get a TOR arm that has some control, even if it's another year. Pay the damn price...they're PROSPECTS, that's it. Either act like a real GM or don't. He's been good signing FA's, and outside the Yelich trade, his trades haven't impressed me all that much(except Moose). But it's damn time he gets more aggressive and does whatever he needs to do. Yelich and the fans that keep going to games, deserve it. I HATE passive GM's, he reminds me a lot of Ted Thompson, and I want more Melvin/Ron Wolf.

Scared money don't make money.

You going to fire him?

No, but I will no longer go to games(cancel season tickets) and will make sure I let Mark A know how I feel. Enough of this panzy GM stuff. be more like Doug Melvin.

Community Moderator

No, but I will no longer go to games(cancel season tickets) and will make sure I let Mark A know how I feel. Enough of this panzy GM stuff. be more like Doug Melvin.

YEAH! Make the playoffs only twice and turn a long window into a much shorter one! MORE OF THAT!!!!!

Yeah, Houser to the rotation was said by many at the time to be a horrible idea and it looks like that's playing out exactly. Nothing like succeeding in a role then getting thrown into a role you likely won't succeed in. Hopefully this doesn't ruin him as a reliever too.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Remember in the offseason when we debated if the Brewers were going to reinvent the wheel with short starts, piggybacks, openers, middle reliever dominant games, etc?

Then they clarified it was back to the old traditional way going forward. I sure wish they had tried. It certainly would have yielded better results than this crap fest of 1st half pitching.

David Stearns doesn't have the same cash stash as they do in Chicago, LA, NY, or Houston ... Stearns was too slow, though, on getting Shaw out of the picture this season, I will say that.

David Stearns has a ridiculously low payroll, not reflective of his wisdom. He’s been doin it on the cheap, and overperforming his payroll, but there’s a limit to what he can do. We can’t have a payroll as large as the aforementioned teams, but with a gross profit north of 75 million last year, and a contending team, SHOULD have been much higher than 127 million.

Archived