Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 7-6 in 10 innings -- Bullpen blows 5-run lead in the 9th, offense answers in the 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is, frankly, ZERO chance of Hader pitching 3 games in a row anymore. None.

During the regular season, I agree. I think it could happen in the playoffs, though.

How often are 3 playoff games on consecutive days, though?

That is true. But you did not say that in your post.

And, usually (but not always) games 3, 4, and 5 of a seven-game series are on consecutive days.

Thank you for the reply! (I mean this sincerely. No condescension intended. I can’t believe that I need to type that out to avoid misunderstanding but it happens all too much lately on the boards.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This game must not matter because he is still in ....

Shocked that we pitch our worst pitcher in this situation....talk about taking a lead for granted.

5 run game is mop up duty, that’s exactly where you use him. There weren’t a lot of options left.

It's just a really sad statement about where our pen is at that you can't trust anyone besides Hader with a 5 run lead.

I still don't get why if they're so worried about it they don't just stick Hader in an outfield corner and keep him in their back pocket if things go awry like right now.

Well this is getting fun.

If the Brewers lose this game BF.net might get burned to the ground tonight.

At the very least, the pitchforks will be out for the "take Hader out with a 5 run lead" advocates.

Not upset with pulling Hader. Upset with putting in their worst pitcher in such a apot.

Archived