Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 7-6 in 10 innings -- Bullpen blows 5-run lead in the 9th, offense answers in the 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you really trust anyone but Hader to go two?

If we can't protect a 5 run lead with 6 outs to go with anyone else, that's a real problem.

I would hate to not have him available for the rest of the series because they had to burn him out completely on a 5 run game.

Do you really trust anyone but Hader to go two?

If we can't protect a 5 run lead with 6 outs to go with anyone else, that's a real problem.

I would hate to not have him available for the rest of the series because they had to burn him out completely on a 5 run game.

I'm not saying Hader should finish tonight, but I would only trust Guerra or anyone else for one inning.

Jesus and Arcia with some big hits tonight and huira on base three times. Good to see

Regression for Aguilar would be a good thing. He wasn't a .205 hitter who flails away.

The real Aguilar is probably the 2017 iteration.

If CCs reasoning for keeping Hader in is as BA suspects and they only were planning on having him pitch in this game in this series with the AS game coming up, that is terrible reasoning.

And that, kids, is why you want the DH in the national league. When the risk of injury is such that you send a guy out there and tell him "don't even swing", what even is the point?

Pitchers are just weird. I honestly worry about them pushing a button in an elevator and they are out for a season

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If CCs reasoning for keeping Hader in is as BA suspects and they only were planning on having him pitch in this game in this series with the AS game coming up, that is terrible reasoning.

I get "Playing to win" this game because they have the lead, it's in the hand, and you don't even know if you'll have a lead in the next two games. You'd be saving Hader for potential situations that may or may not exist. It's a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation. If they take Hader out, end up losing 7 - 6, and then don't have a lead the next two days, Counsell would get absolutely crucified.

Managing your resources (innings available) is easy to 2nd guess, and really, it just stinks that our bullpen sucks to the point that THIS decision even has to be made and 2nd guessed....

I have no idea why Hader is still pitching..me personally I would have had someone warming up after Aguilar's bomb. It felt over to me at that point. If you pull him you could have possibly used him tomm and Sunday if necessary as well. At least one of the two.

Call up Frietas before it's too late!!!

Probably not gonna happen for a while, home run just bought him another month.

Pina's not going anywhere regardless. Quit looking at batting average as the be all end all for who should be playing where.

I have no idea why Hader is still pitching..me personally I would have had someone warming up after Aguilar's bomb. It felt over to me at that point. If you pull him you could have possibly used him tomm and Sunday if necessary as well. At least one of the two.

There is, frankly, ZERO chance of Hader pitching 3 games in a row anymore. None.

I get "Playing to win" this game because they have the lead, it's in the hand, and you don't even know if you'll have a lead in the next two games. You'd be saving Hader for potential situations that may or may not exist. It's a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation. If they take Hader out, end up losing 7 - 6, and then don't have a lead the next two days, Counsell would get absolutely crucified.

Managing your resources (innings available) is easy to 2nd guess, and really, it just stinks that our bullpen sucks to the point that THIS decision even has to be made and 2nd guessed....

If they can't protect a 5 run lead with 6 outs, I'd crucify the pen, not Craig.

There's another decision to be made here. If he doesn't come back out for the 9th there's probably still an opportunity for him to be available Sunday if needed.

Doesn’t help that Albers, Claudio, and Jeffress have all been used.

Make sure you win this game. I would think Hader still available for the finale if needed.

And that, kids, is why you want the DH in the national league.

No, thanks.

If the NL had the DH, Nelson wouldn't have got hurt and missed a season and a half.

And be a shell of his former self. The biggest problem is he'll probably never be the same.

And that, kids, is why you want the DH in the national league.

No, thanks.

If the NL had the DH, Nelson wouldn't have got hurt and missed a season and a half.

Something had to structurally wrong with his shoulder before that. No one gets hurt that bad on a freaking slide. I bet it was ready to go at any point.

There is, frankly, ZERO chance of Hader pitching 3 games in a row anymore. None.

During the regular season, I agree. I think it could happen in the playoffs, though.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

During the regular season, I agree. I think it could happen in the playoffs, though.

How often are 3 playoff games on consecutive days, though?

Archived