Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 7-6 in 10 innings -- Bullpen blows 5-run lead in the 9th, offense answers in the 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dubon is on the 40. He just hit his 14th HR tonight -- he has developed a power stroke to add to everything else he does. He turns 25 in 2 weeks, it's not like he's been rushed. Just call the man up already, he has earned the opportunity.

I think it would be a huge mistake to have rookie middle infield plus they aren’t great fielders.

Hiura was the right move. Let’s leave it at that

No one said he's going to start at SS every night. He's versatile.

Totally untrue about his defense as well. Dubon has very solid scouting reports about his defense, he's a far more polished middle infielder defensively than Hiura.

I think it would be a huge mistake to have rookie middle infield plus they aren’t great fielders.

Totally untrue about his defense as well. Dubon has very solid scouting reports about his defense, he's a far more polished middle infielder defensively than Hiura.

Is he better than Arcia though? A rookie middle infield in a pennant race would be a crapshoot

Community Moderator
Career infielder Tyler Saladino now playing multiple meaningful games in the outfield. It’s sort of ironic that the Brewers seemingly had an embarrassment of riches in outfield prospects a few years ago and have either had every one of them traded, injured, or slow to develop. Yes, obviously I know Grisham is breaking out now, but that is a very recent development.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

If the Brewers can play well this weekend going into the break, it will curb a lot of this "mediocre" and "this team is bad" talk. Davies will hopefully pitch another gem today. The fact is the whole devision isn't played super great, so the opportunity is prime for the Brewers to step up and take control.

Ya know what? Screw you for this reasonable take. You should be banned.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is he better than Arcia though? A rookie middle infield in a pennant race would be a crapshoot

With this offense, give me the better hitter.

If the Brewers can play well this weekend going into the break, it will curb a lot of this "mediocre" and "this team is bad" talk. Davies will hopefully pitch another gem today. The fact is the whole devision isn't played super great, so the opportunity is prime for the Brewers to step up and take control.

Ya know what? Screw you for this reasonable take. You should be banned.

Yeah what a waste of a post. Who cares if we are in first and have a wild card spot. We are terrible. In fact in the Nl apparently everyone but the Braves and Dodgers should be sellers

You're not wrong, but every team in the Central probably feels like the opportunity is prime for them to step up and take control.

Community Moderator
Career infielder Tyler Saladino now playing multiple meaningful games in the outfield. It’s sort of ironic that the Brewers seemingly had an embarrassment of riches in outfield prospects a few years ago and have either had every one of them traded, injured, or slow to develop. Yes, obviously I know Grisham is breaking out now, but that is a very recent development.

Also, why is Saladino still in the game with Brault pulled? Maybe he’ll challenge Counsell’s 45 at bat hitless streak at some point.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Except they wouldn’t be getting rid of Arcia. They would be using Dubon as the de facto utility guy, and he’s probably a vast improvement over Perez/Saladino.

Dubon is supposed to be a very polished defender. Not sure where your getting that from.

Except they wouldn’t be getting rid of Arcia. They would be using Dubon as the de facto utility guy, and he’s probably a vast improvement over Perez/Saladino.

Dubon is supposed to be a very polished defender. Not sure where your getting that from.

Is it good for Dubon to be a part tine player. I’m not poo pooing it. I’m just asking

Archived