Brewer Fanatic

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just can't believe that this has to be explained every offseason as to how the game of baseball works and that the best team on paper often doesn't win. I can't imagine being a fan of any team/sport and having that kind of attitude months before a season begins. Especially when we know how competitive this franchise has been over the last few years to a decade. It just doesn't compute to me.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It wouldn't take a miracle for us to be better than the Dodgers in 2021 even on paper. Just need a core of players to match the seasons they have already produced within the last 2-3 years, including Yelich having another MVP year and Woodruff/Burnes both pitching at their best. Obviously that's not guaranteed, but this is not far fetched.

I have zero interest in bringing back a 37 year old whose skills have eroded to the replacement level and who says two weeks before Spring Training starts, "I’m not currently interested in playing."

Does that sound like a recipe for success?

I wouldn't touch Braun with a barge pole.

A look back on his 5 year, $105M contract extension. I didn't do any deep analysis but I was curious about it. Graph shows Braun's value relative to MLB free agency according to Fangraphs, and shows that he was a good value in 2016 but a bad value all of the other years and overall.

ZhjOO2i.png

How on earth could FA/WAR be higher in other years than in 2020?

• 2 weeks later...

Of course he's a shell of himself and this probably speaks more to how poorly the rest of the team has hit the last two years, but Braun was probably around 3rd-4th best hitter on the team at through those years. The term replacement level seems to be get taken a bit too literally at times as the Brewers certainly haven't had much success at it lately. I'm fairly optimistic on some bounce backs this year though so I'd be really disappointed if he was 3rdish on the team this year.

I think the no DH thing killed it for him along with there is still going to be a lot of covid limitations going on, which he clearly hated. Yea wouldn't be the worst September call up though if they need a depth/PH. Give him 2-3 weeks of prep time in August to get ready.

Without going all Favre Watch:

Read further down in the comments. Mrs. Braun responds to a poster who asked if she could share Ryan a little so we can hear his name as a Brewer one last time.

Mrs. Braun's response: "Happy to do that if/when the time comes :)"

See you in RF on Opening Day Ryan.

If Braun comes back I will be sure to buy a ticket so I can boo him lustily in person. The guy is a cheater and a liar. He deserves no applause.

Whoa guys watch out!!!

Lessgo ryan! One more season!! Doooo iiiitttt!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If Braun comes back I will be sure to buy a ticket so I can boo him lustily in person. The guy is a cheater and a liar who played us all for fools. He deserves no applause.

Let it go man, let it goooooooooooooooooooooo!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If Braun comes back I will be sure to buy a ticket so I can boo him lustily in person. The guy is a cheater and a liar who played us all for fools. He deserves no applause.

Go for it. You and two other myopic people who think a mistake defines a person. It must be nice to be mistake-free so that you are free to be so judgmental. Judging the entire body of work, Ryan was great for the Brewers. Not good. Great.

What a shame if he never gets the proper send-off...

I want him back for one more year. Surely we can work him into some kind of a rotation.

He's a top 2 player in Brewers history, he deserves to go out like it!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Go for it. You and two other myopic people who think a mistake defines a person. It must be nice to be mistake-free so that you are free to be so judgmental. Judging the entire body of work, Ryan was great for the Brewers. Not good. Great.

A mistake is taking PED's. Giving a sanctimonious "I didn't use PED's and the urine collector is the bad guy" speech in Spring Training is the mark of a truly despicable person. Braun is a piece of garbage. Good riddance.

We're gonna have an argument about Braun juicing like 9 years after the fact? Lol.

It's not the juicing that's the problem. I'm sure a lot of players use PED's and never get caught and we will never think less of them. And a lot of players get caught and take their punishment and move on.

The problem is the lying and pointing the finger of blame at an innocent man. Huge difference. I can't think of another guilty PED user not named Lance Armstrong who went to greater lengths to deceive the public into thinking he was clean and vilify the people who supported a contrary view.

For the most part I had let it go. I actually never have booed Braun. I've also never cheered him. But when I hear people say he "deserves" a Miller Park send off I see red. The man is no hero.

Community Moderator
I’m not going to defend Ryan Braun’s actions or personality but the repeated misery that his beautiful swing has brought upon self-righteous Cubs and Cardinals fans has given me nothing but joy. I cheer the guy because of how much it annoys the opposing fans. #RyanBraunForever

14 seasons and you won’t forgive him because of one horrible mistake.

He didn’t beat his wife......didn’t kill anyone......he had a moral lapse......that he apologized for....not only to our fan base but also to the man he wronged.

He will get an ovation if he comes back.......everyone deserves a chance at redemption.......he has done everything right since that incident.

This team as it sits now, can not compete with LA and SD, it is just silliness to think otherwise. Financially, we simply have no shot.

"This team as it sits now, can not compete with NY and BOS, it is just silliness to think otherwise. Financially, we simply have no shot." -DevilRaysFan.net

On February 10th 2018 did you think the Brewers could compete with the Cubs or Dodgers? I'm guessing you didn't but that didn't stop them from beating the Cubs for the division & going to G7 of the NLCS with LA.

Brewers imo had a better team then and Dodgers imo had a worse team then. It's like moving 6 games each in the opposite direction.

You only get by LA with that team hurting at multiple positions.

Archived