Brewer Fanatic

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Braun and 12 can open another restaurant. Better yet, do it AMFam. It could be a Jeopardy themed restaurant where all of our injured people can hang out and watch the game. Late innings, Braun can suit up for a pinch at bat.

Why would Ryan Braun want to tarnish his good name by associating with 12?

Maybe Braun and 12 can open another restaurant. Better yet, do it AMFam. It could be a Jeopardy themed restaurant where all of our injured people can hang out and watch the game. Late innings, Braun can suit up for a pinch at bat.

Why would Ryan Braun want to tarnish his good name by associating with 12?

Aren’t all of us pigs in the mud? Crazy twists and turns, though; I agree.

[sarcasm]Are you Ryan's Dad?... :laughing[/sarcasm]

:laughing I wish. I would have him back in a Brewers uniform, yesterday!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Verified Member
Bringing Braun back to play 1B makes perfect sense, except for the fact that he would still want to get paid like a star. If he's willing to settle for a farewell season at a couple million or so though, we should go for it.

Braun is not dumb, I think he is well aware that if he returns his current market value isn't going to be near 20M a year if he plays.

However McCalvy was asked today about a Braun return and he sounds pretty confident that Braun is done.

Braun is not dumb, I think he is well aware that if he returns his current market value isn't going to be near 20M a year if he plays.

However McCalvy was asked today about a Braun return and he sounds pretty confident that Braun is done.

Considering the news on Yelich if Braun has been staying in shape waiting for the call from the Brewers you would have to think he was on a plane by now. 2019-20 Braun would look fine right back there at #3 in this lineup. But it seems like we haven’t heard much and even before today’s news they had a need, maybe Braun has just moved on. Coming back for 5 million or whatever maybe doesn’t mean that much financially and the longer he is away the less he probably wants to play.

I’d like nothing more than Braun to return, but really he made 12 starts at first base in 2018. Not really an option to be an everyday first basemen even if he decided to play in 2021.

This could just be too soon for Braun as well. I got the idea he might entertain returning for a playoff run late in the season but it didn't sound much like he wanted a full season of baseball and May 5th is probably much too close to that for his liking.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

What about Jesus Aguilar and Ji Man Choi? Are either of them still around?

Jesus has been kicking butt all season long.

Check his stats.

I can only wonder what it would be like to have him on the roster now.

Staying in shape is different than baseball shape and hitting.

I doubt Braun would be able to step right in without some extended hitting time.

Yah, and he probably has zero interest in the minor leagues for a few weeks either. I’m sure we would know if there was any chance of Braun in 2021 if someone flew a drone over his house and checked to see if he has a batting cage up. If all he is doing is chilling on the couch he ain’t ever coming back.

Of course he could probably roll out of bed and be better than the garbage results our 1B have given us. Who cares about him never playing 1B outside of 18 games. We let Hiura stand over there and now Vogelbach is there. Someone should statcast how far Vogelbach can stretch for a ball...Vogelbach or a smurf would be a close call.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived