Brewer Fanatic

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He’s back. It just hasn’t happened yet.

Do you know something?

No, he just likes Braun.

Correct. Going off the cryptic wife’s Instagram and Braun saying he’s staying in shape comments I think it’s just a matter of time.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
He probably had a good shot at getting to #1 with one more season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He probably had a good shot at getting to #1 with one more season.

He might still be able to reach it if he decides to come back in July.

Fresh legs. You're right!

I think he plays at some point. Might be June or July or even later. Depends on how the roster shapes up with injuries and what not. I'd love to see him back for a actual sendoff with fans in the stands, but it needs to make sense for the team and if they really feel he can contribute in some way.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

ryan braun is in the radio booth with bob uecker right now. he says he's been working out (and had been with christian yelich). he has not picked up a bat or a ball since the conclusion of last season.

he's not quite ready to say he's retired, though.

Unless the MLB changes their mind on NL DH I don’t think we’ll see Braun back in a Brewers uniform unless it’s for a mid-summer Brewers home stretch fairwell series. Where Braun signs a 3 day contract to appease fans that want to see him 1 last time at Miller Park with fans in the seats. And yes it’s Miller Park, I don’t care what signs they put on the stadium facade

• 1 month later...

He's a parody account. Not to be taken seriously.

Well, I take it seriously. Very seriously... #RyanBraunForever

Neither of those sentences are very believable. I doubt if Braun returns that him and the team couldn't work out the financial side of it and no way would the team be focused on "pushing" Yelich to come back.

I would be perfectly interested in a Braun return though. We could use a RH bat.

How about we sign Braun and he can be our first baseman? We don’t lose anything defensively transitioning to him from Hiura or Vogelbach. Hiura is going to find himself in AAA here shortly anyway. How nice would a .250/.300/.780 bat look in our lineup at this point? It’s a right handed bat that can still hit 20-25 home runs.

#BringBackBraun

Braun as our 1B if Hiura doesn’t come around is exactly what we should do come July.

That would be incredible. Brauny deserves a final send off with fans in the stands.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Maybe Braun and 12 can open another restaurant. Better yet, do it AMFam. It could be a Jeopardy themed restaurant where all of our injured people can hang out and watch the game. Late innings, Braun can suit up for a pinch at bat.

Archived