Brewer Fanatic

Is it time to consider moving Hader

I still believe that we should move Hader but that has very little to do with not believing in Josh. I still think that he is the best reliever in the game but he is still just a reliever and teams are more willing than ever to overpay for bullpen arms.

I would only move him for a great package and I think that package will be out there from one of the desperate large market teams like LA or Houston especially if they fail to win it all. If we can get elite young in return I would do it and if that package doesn't present itself we still have Hader which is still a pretty great thing. I would be less willing to move him if our system wasn't in shambles with little to no top of the line prospects but we do need to replenish the system and Hader is probably the best way to do that.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last two posts are exactly how I feel about him. You won't get another chance to deal him for what he'll get now. I really don't know what that is though. Probably less than what people think, because he is still just a reliever. Prospects often suck, but we need them, and he is the best way to get them IMO. If it's underwhelming, roll with him. Summer of 2021 you're probably there with Yelich too, but this team could be so different by then he might be a huge piece of a title run.

If we are talking about moving a player like Hader right now then try to move them all and just rebuild. Can’t do a half ass job doing that process and hope to succeed.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If there is any team that would cough up quite a haul to get Hader, it would be the Dodgers in my opinion. I was one of the few that was seriously entertaining it at the deadline, but I still believe that if the Dodgers fall short again this season, they will go all out to try to win a ring. They have fallen short time after time and the fans and organization as a whole I think are getting a little antsy to make it happen. Hopefully the Dodgers fall short of the title and come looking our way and we can absolutely raid them. If there is one weakness in that Dodgers team, it’s their bullpen. They still lack that shut down guy and it wouldn’t surprise me if they come calling. I believe they were in on Vázquez of the Pirates around the deadline, but that didn’t exactly work out for anyone involved...

Hader is the only expendable major trade chip we have and the Dodgers do match up well. If they come up and offer Ruiz, Rios and Santana for Hader. I believe I would do that. That trade would solve quite a few issues for the future. Then again, I'm sure the Marlins thought Brinson would be paying dividends now.

If we are talking about moving a player like Hader right now then try to move them all and just rebuild. Can’t do a half ass job doing that process and hope to succeed.

Hiura, Grisham, Woodruff, and Yelich have trade value too, but that's pretty much it...even including minor leaguers...which is kind of sad. I think Grish and Woodruff are actually better than whatever their trade value is thought to be, and they are already young and controllable- so it'd be dumb to trade them. I don't think they could get proper value for Yelich either

I would be willing to move Hiura unless they are positive the DH is coming in 2021 (or maybe 2022), or if they are completely sold that he'll improve his D.

Hader just seems like a sell high guy to me, and we need young position players, so if you find a team willing to move a few of them I think now is the time to do it.

Hader is the only expendable major trade chip we have and the Dodgers do match up well. If they come up and offer Ruiz, Rios and Santana for Hader. I believe I would do that. That trade would solve quite a few issues for the future. Then again, I'm sure the Marlins thought Brinson would be paying dividends now.

Rios is a DH. He's a butcher at 1B and much worse in the OF and 3B. No thanks. Santana stunk in AAA last year and has to prove he's even close to MLB material. Ruis is one of the top catching prospects, but not worth Hader.

I don’t think trading Hader has to coincide with a “rebuild”. If the Brewers could get an MLB ready impact position player for Hader then they should consider it.

I think this ship has definitely sailed at this point, but as mentioned back in July, Gavin Lux could have been a good target for the Brewers. Lux’s stock has soared this season, so probably much less realistic now.

It certainly isn’t easy to do, but it’s not impossible to make a trade that helps both teams in the near term.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Never say never, but I would be extremely surprised if they moved Hader this offseason. I get the feeling that the Brewers front office has a sky high value on him, and considers him a cornerstone and building block of this run. Part of me does wonder, though, what kind of value other organizations place on him.

If we are moving Hader to the Dodgers Gavin Lux is a must get. If they fall short yet again they may just be desperate enough to make that deal. If we can't get elite talent back we shouldnt move Hader.

For sure. If the team were to move Hader, the price would need to be sky high. I'm talking like a crazy sort of ask. Even then, I very much doubt he gets moved. Stearns seems like the type that would listen on anyone, though.

If you are trading Hader for a guy like Gavin Lux who is MLB ready, then it makes a bit more sense. But you better be signing Pomeranz+ in that case.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Rios is a DH. He's a butcher at 1B and much worse in the OF and 3B. No thanks. Santana stunk in AAA last year and has to prove he's even close to MLB material. Ruis is one of the top catching prospects, but not worth Hader.

Rios at 1b https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-news-edwin-rios-worked-with-barry-larkin-to-improve-defense-versatility/2019/07/01/. Doesn't appear to be a "butcher". That's Christian Santana 3b, not Dennis. Sorry for not making that clearer. Ruiz, #33 on top 100 Prospect Watch. For a one inning relief pitcher, who can only go every few days? I like Hader, but Brewers need to cash out now before he's traded in a couple of years for Jake Faria II.

First taste of sustained success this decade and here we are wanting to trade of our best players that is one of the most essential pieces if we want to win it all.

Moving Hader in a deal for a package centered around Gavin Lux who would solve our shortstop issues is hardly giving up our chances to win a championship.

On that trade simulator site Hader has a value of 65.5 while Lux is at 86.6

First taste of sustained success this decade and here we are wanting to trade of our best players that is one of the most essential pieces if we want to win it all.

One of most essential pieces is a one inning pitcher? Yelich is essential, Hader is a luxury. I see that kind of thinking everyday when i drive down the road and see a 50 thousand dollar truck parked in front of a 20 thousand dollar trailer!

Yea if you can Lux, sure. But I don't think you're getting anything close to that level. If you got some Godfather type package, sure whatever do it. But I just don't think that's coming through and you're still trying to win the next few years with Yeli, Hader lines up exactly right with Yelich. He's crucial to winning.

Hader is crucial to winning? He gave up 15 HR's in 75 Innings & couldn't throw strikes in the wildcard game.

Hader is crucial to winning in the sense that he has enough name recognition and past accolades that he could be a key portion of a trade that improves the ball club.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

On that trade simulator site Hader has a value of 65.5 while Lux is at 86.6

Back in July Hader was at 77.1 and Lux was at 62.5, but they have obviously been trending in opposite directions since then.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Hader is crucial to winning? He gave up 15 HR's in 75 Innings & couldn't throw strikes in the wildcard game.

Hader is crucial to winning in the sense that he has enough name recognition and past accolades that he could be a key portion of a trade that improves the ball club.

your opinion is that Hader did not help them win games the last two years? Solid take.

I’d argue starting pitching is a higher priority than SS which is why I’d center the deal around May. If he’s not already MLB ready he’s close. His ceiling is probably a #2, which is higher than anyone we currently have. Obviously you want to acquire the best talent available but I’m not sure LAD would move Lux, even for Hader.

Josiah Gray is another name that intrigues me. According to that simulator Hader for May and Gray is about even.

One of most essential pieces is a one inning pitcher? Yelich is essential, Hader is a luxury. I see that kind of thinking everyday when i drive down the road and see a 50 thousand dollar truck parked in front of a 20 thousand dollar trailer!

Well since Hader isn't a one inning pitcher......

Thank you!! I know LA is not going to trade Lux. I'm shooting for a 1b,3b, and one of the minors top prospects in Ruiz. Ruiz teams with Pina. 1b and 3b are blackholes in our system, sorry Erceg and Gatewood, Rios and Santana have a better shot at contributing at the MLB level than they are. All for a one inning pitcher. Let's not repeat the mistakes we made with Domingo Santana and Jesus Aguilar and wait for Haders value to bottom out then trade.

Archived