Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-04: Brewers (Woodruff) at Reds (Castillo) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 1-0 -- Brewers held to two hits as they’re shutout for second consecutive game]

Eye Black

OnTheBlack - This will be my last reply to this thread as we could go on with this for the rest of our lives, and likely without much success. You're missing the point of where I was going with a lot of this. The reason I asked all those questions wasn't to really get answer, but instead to point out all the situations where the Brewers have underperformed this season. I admit that the original post referred to not playing well coming into the ASB and some of these were things that happened prior to the season, or earlier in the season, so the scope has become larger, but everything still points back to areas where the team has been disappointing in my eyes.

You brought up the Brewers vs. pitchers making MLB debuts twice in that last reply so I actually looked it up. I couldn't find resources that could get me everything without spending a lot of time assembling it, but from what I see the Brewers faced two starters making their MLB debut this year (5/28 Devin Smeltzer - MIN and 6/18 Logan Allen - SD). The Brewers went (6 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 0 BB, 7 K) and (7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 5 K), respectively. Devin Smeltzer only had one other start after that: 6.1 IP, 5 ER (4 HR), 5 H, 3 BB, 2 K. Logan Allen has had three more starts for a total of: 11 IP, 9 ER, 17 H, 4 BB, 8 K. The Brewers struggled mightily against these two guys that haven't done very well since.

You also missed the point of comparing the 30 game stretch prior to the ASB (well, at least up to July 4). The point was that the Brewers haven't been playing well during that period. They've played no better than the stretch of their worst season ever during that period. If they are going to be in a position to be contenders, they should be playing better than their worst season ever. That is all.

And, yes, I'm reactionary. But stomping my feet and throwing a tantrum? Grow up, man.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived